The Split Personality!

Damayanthi’s PoV

Ufff! He is a drug! A sweet drug! His toxic cologne never fails to take me to another realm altogether. My cheek is swollen and bears his hand imprint. With the force he hit me, there is no doubt I would be deaf if that hit had fallen on my ear. I realized how wrong I was when my aunty explained to me how irresponsible I was. His attention on me is making my heart leap in joy. I understand how this marriage is a compulsion to him. Yet, he had promised my dad my bright future. He is trying to educate me! He wants me to go to college and get a degree. I mean, who would do this to a girl who barged into his life?

I don't know why he didn't want to get married so far. I don't know if he even likes me or not. I don't know if there was a girl before me in his life. No matter what, now he is my husband! Mine! Only mine. I will do whatever it takes to earn his love. 

As usual, we both woke up in our respective beds and from the days here so far, I knew that he wakes up at 5.30 and I made it a habit to wake up at the same time. The mornings are quite subtle and refreshing. He would smile at me awkwardly some days and turn his head away from me some days. He would use the restroom first and would head out for his jogging and would come back only to shut himself in his gym. After refreshing myself, I would run to the kitchen to make coffee for all three of us. My husband nowadays loves my coffee. I would then help Thulasi Aunty to cook the breakfast. 

After his bath, he would have my coffee in our room, and we would descend together for our breakfast. I would serve him, and he would eat it with no talks. 

***

“Hey, I have asked for a tutor for you. Until then, stay in the room and try to study on your own.” He told me the very next day the tutorial sent me home. 

“Ok!” I told him like an obedient girl. I mean, he would go to the office and would only come back at night. What would he know if I stayed in the room or not?

After he went out, I let out a sigh of relief and ran out to play with Agalya. I would help her water the plants and rake out the dried leaves from the lawn. As we both do the work together, her work will be over before her usual time, and the rest of her work hours will pass by us playing hopscotch on the front portico of our house. We would also play Ludo. 

“Damayanthi!” Athai called me.

“Yes, athai?” I ran in to know why she called me.

“Here, Krishna wants to talk to you.” She gave me her phone. Hmph, he is stupid. He had bought me a phone and would never call me on that number.

“Hello?” I took the phone from her and walked away.

“What are you doing?” 

“Um… nothing.”

“I asked you to study.”

“Ok!” I told him. He is a Hitler.

“I know if you are not in your room.” He said, and I wonder how!

“I will study,” I told him, and he hung up the call. 

“Athai! How will he know if I am in his room or not?” I asked her.

“Haha, he might have seen you playing outside. He wants you to study really seriously, Damayanthi. You really have to try.”

“Hmmm, ok! But how could he see me playing outside?”

“There is a camera outside the portico, and it is connected to his phone. He will be notified if there is a movement.”

“So he could see it like a video?” I asked her, astonished.