Thank God!

Krishna could not comprehend his feelings. She is like a drug to him, and he willingly desired to get intoxicated all his life. Her soft waist tingles his fingers and palm even now. The tight squeeze he gave her was making him go mad at her body. The need to rip open her shirt scared him on another level. He has never felt like it before in his entire life. 

In their school days, Krishna and Mithran used to play basketball and had a good rapport with their teammates. At times, some of the boys used to bring cell phones to practice and would watch porn videos. Krishna and Mithran watched too along with them. Many would get a boner and would run to the restroom to relieve themselves but not Krishna. He was not aroused or ever found the urge to relieve himself even after seeing a perfectly beautiful lady naked. But with Damayanthi, even if she is fully clothed, the desire to undress her seems unquenchable. These ghostly feelings haunt him every time he sees her in disheveled clothes. He wants to see more. But as soon as he realized what he wanted, Meera flashed in his heart, and everything seemed wrong all of a sudden. 

‘I shouldn't have married her. I shouldn't have let her near my heart, let alone touch it with her tender hands. This life is killing me. This feeling of betraying Meera will never let me live in peace.’  Krishna thought to himself.

He decided to take a break from this painful life. He went to his office to hand over the work to Mithu as he was planning to move to the north to look after his other business. Mithu’s dad was in awe of Krishna since his school days. He liked his perseverance and brilliance. He knew that one day, Krishna would become the king of an empire with his hard work. Mithu’s dad also knew that Mithu needed a perfect partner to bring out his talents and that the perfect partner would be Krishna. So, as soon as Mithu and Krishna finished their higher studies, he talked to them about their business in partnership. Krishna and Mithu liked this idea and now are partners in India’s leading businesses.

“Mithu, I am planning to go to Delhi. You take care of our work here. I will take care of the Delhi branch.”

“There is no need for you to go there. Everything there is taken care of!”

“I know! I need some space, Mithu.”

“You can take whatever space you want, but I don't think your mom would like it. Also, Damayanthi is in your home, and you are responsible for her life. Keep that in mind wherever you go.”

“God, Mithu! Even you can not understand me? I like her, Mithu. I don't know what this weird feeling I have for her. This girl is doing something to me. I want to be with her all the time. I am sleeping peacefully after a long time, Mithu. I am sleeping all night!”

“This feeling is called love! She is your wife, and there is nothing wrong with falling in love with your wife. Trust me, Krishna, she is the medicine for your problems. If sleep hugs you all night when she is with you, then she is the one that can give you peace and bliss.”

“That is the problem, Mithu. It’s been a long time since I have thought of Meera, but when I think that this feeling with Maya is love, I can not stop Meera’s face from flashing in my eyes. I am completely disturbed by Meera’s thoughts out of nowhere. My heart tells me that I am betraying Meera. I can not live with that feeling, Mithu. How can I love her when I am plagued with Meera’s thoughts?”

“Relax, Krishna. So far, you have chained Meera to the word love. She was the only name that was associated with love in your life. That was why you saw her face. It will get better as time goes on. Try to disregard that feeling and move on with your life with Damayanthi.”

“I have promised Meera that I will never let anyone touch my heart except for her. My heart is warning me not to break my promise by falling in love with Maya.”

“Idiot, she is dead! She is not here anymore for you to keep up the promise you made to her. You are being stupid for hanging onto the words you promised to a dead person.”

“I still cannot believe that Meera is no more.”

“It’s been almost six years now, Krishna! You must try to come out of this.”

Mithran was very worried about his friend. Even though he could not believe that she is no more but it is the truth, and he accepted it. He had moved on more easily because he felt like her interest changed from him to Krishna in a very short span of time. He had felt her eyes on him on many occasions before she laid eyes on Krishna, and thus, he had never been a fan of Meera and Krishna together. But Krishna was still hanging onto a promise he had given her. 

“I thought I was over her, Mithu. Not once did I think about her for the past five years. Whenever Mom brought up the topic of my wedding, I used to deny her using Meera as a reason. But in reality, I liked being alone. I love what I do in my business. I was content in my life. I thought I could not welcome anyone into my life. With my sleeping problem, I didn't want to trouble another soul. But Maya has changed my heart.”

“Then what is the problem? She had proposed to you. Accept her! Start living.”

“That is the problem. When I want to get on with my desires, Meera’s thoughts are persistent. It is like Meera doesn't want me to live with Maya.”

“Nonsense. Since when have you started believing in ghosts?”

As they were talking in Krishna’s room, the telephone rang, showing someone was waiting for them.

“Who is it?” Krishna picked up the phone.

“Sir, someone has come to see you. She says she knows you very well and it is very important that she meets you.”

“Her name?” Krishna asked her with his shrunk eyebrows.