Win His Heart

“Nijama unnoda vayasu enna? 23 vayasu ponnu mariya de nadanthukura? Ipdi tha daily inga irunthu kuthichutu irukiya? (Are you for real? Idiot! How old are you really? You are not behaving like a 23-year-old girl. So you have been jumping out of here every day?)” He asked her as soon as she came out of the restroom with a new shirt. Her twisted tummy and hormones party all over her body were stopped like a snap. In its place sat a fat fear. 

“Um… no! I…”

“Engayavthu adi patruntha enna panrathu? Konjamavthu periya ponnu mathiri nadanthuko! (What would you do if you got hurt somewhere? Try to behave like a grown-up girl.)” He said calmly, and she just nodded her head. The air around them screamed awkwardness, and she could not lift her eyes to see him straight. He was on the same boat, but he was determined to tell her to keep her distance from him. If she had not initiated the romance now, he was sure that this would not have escalated to this level. But at the same time, he did not want to blame her. He felt like he had a fair share of misbehavior on his part.

“Pch, look at me, Damayanthi!” He said, and this was the first time he had called her by her name. She loved her name more when he said it. “This is not what you think. You are a small girl, and I … god, see, there is nothing between us. I am so sorry that I took advantage of you. Look, I am not angry at you nor like you. Our wedding was an accident. I have promised your dad that I will secure your future. I am going to do just that. I am willing to give you a good education and offer you a good job. You can live your life independently. You will find a man who will take care of you.” He told her without looking at her face. 

“But I like you very much. You are taking care of me! I… I love you.” She told him what she had in her heart. Though hurt by his decision and words, she could not accept it. Everything he said was true. Their marriage was an accident. She loves him dearly. There may not be a particular instance where she fell hard for him, but her love for him is just for him on the whole. His personality, character, manliness, his anger, his calmness when trying to explain to her even though she was in the wrong, and his care toward her, everything is making her go crazy but she also knows that it is so wrong to force herself upon him.

He was totally shaken by her confession. He never expected her to say this to his face. He literally felt his heart stop for a second hearing her confession, but it didn't fail to pop up Meera in his heart!

“Do you hate me?” She asked him, hiding her shivering heart. What if he says yes? She has no answer. But her heart truly wanted to know if he really hated her. I mean, if there is hate, there can never be love. 

“There is no like, love, or hate for you, Damayanthi. You are really beautiful. I… I am not this uncontrollable prick. I am not like this with any other girl. I think being together in the same room is the problem. I will talk to Mom to shift your room. I am so sorry for what just happened.” He told her and walked out of the room in a jiffy. 

He needed to run away from her to keep himself together. For every word he spoke to her, his heart was heavily deflected. He knew very well that he would not have touched another girl even if the situation presented itself to him. In his business, he has seen so many girls who tried to throw them on him. Never once has he felt the need to touch them, but with her, it all comes naturally. He couldn't stop himself from touching and feeling her. God, she is very addicting. 

The kiss they shared on their first night, her fleshy bosoms that he deliberately felt in his fingers, her voluptuous hips, the need to explore her womanhood! These ghostly feelings were haunting him. He clearly knew what his heart desires. But he could not live peacefully with the desires of his heart. 

“Happa! Enna pudi! (uff! How strong is his grip!)” She looked at her waist and stomach, which were red because of his strong grip. “Ennoda puthu shirt, ella button um pinju pochu. (he ripped all the buttons on my new shirt!)” She spoke to herself as soon as he left the room, collecting all the buttons on the floor. His answer was enough for her. It is hard to change hate to love, but it is easy to bring love where there is no feeling, she thought. She knew it definitely that he was not a womanizer. These ‘uncontrollable feelings’ as he mentioned come out only for her, and she is content with it. She was sure to win his heart!