09: Dungeons

The dungeons were a deep, dark place farther down than the portal. Of course, I was blindfolded and I couldn't find my way back even if I wanted to. The entire way here, Xavier was practically begging me to kneel to Jasmine. Pleading.

But I am Ariel Caverly, and I kneel to no one.

There was a scream when we enter the dungeons. When my blindfold was removed, it set my teeth on edge. And even worse, that scream was familiar. Terror lodged every muscle in my being. I screamed, my shout echoing over the dungeon. "Stop!"

"Jasmine, please. This is wrong and you know it."

Jasmine laughs. "Castiel can have it stop anytime he wants it to. He knows what he must do." A wicked grin spreads over her lips. "Looks like you'll be getting a new cell-mate, sweetheart." Sobs fill the dungeon. "Too bad we had your little scheme all figured out, hm?"

I couldn't see what they were torturing him with. But there was someone in the cell with him.

"A-Ariel... " Castiel croaks weakly.

I rush to the bars and kneel against the cement floor. My hands touch the metal that separates us. "I'm here." I wanted to reach out and touch him. "I'm here." I glare at Jasmine, at the girl in the cell with him (Karina). "What have they done to you?" I whispered.

Castiel lay exhausted against the cement floor. His chest was faltering in it's breath, and he was still sobbing. "Nothing I can't handle." He begins to laugh. "Ironic, isn't it Xavier? The love of your life is scared of you. What you've done."

Xavier steps up beside the bars. "Shut your mouth, Prince." He growls. "I bargained for her safety."

"And how safe is she now?" Castiel laughs. "Looks like it backfired."

Xavier spoke something in Latin to Karina.

In turn, Karina smiles and her hands aim directly at Castiel. A few seconds later, bright energy pulses out from her fingertips and Castiel screams as it hits him. His body thrashes. "Stop! Stop!"

"I'm afraid I cannot do that." Jasmine smiles.

When the screaming ends, Castiel is laughing even more. "You think you can break me that easily? I can do this for hours. My parents are near death. Harley's gone. Ariel is suffering with me in these dungeons. There's nothing left you can do to hurt me, Jasmine. And you know it. That's why you've resorted to driving me mad."

"Oh, boo. You've figured out my entire plan." Jasmine pouts.

Angelique opens the cell door beside Castiel's and she kicks me until I inch back inside of it. The door slams harshly behind her.

"Quite the contrary, if you do decide to marry me, all your crimes will be forgiven."

"You mean your crimes." I hiss.

"Whatever," Jasmine rolls her eyes. "I will be victorious, and I will be queen. You think it will take much to seduce a demon bloke? I'll do exactly what I've done to your parents to him. My reign will be unstoppable."

"You'll never be the queen this underworld needs." Castiel grins.

Jasmine scowls. "Karina, I think that's enough for tonight." As soon as she says it, Karina reappears by her side. "I'll be back in a few days time, Ariel: to see if you've changed your mind."

They were gone, then. Their footsteps echo on the stairs. But I wasn't entirely fooled that they were gone. I remember the look Xavier gave me before he left with them. Asshole. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.