Dungeons

The dungeons are by far the darkest and coldest place in the entire castle. It smells slightly musty down here. There are six cells here in the East Wing, but I don't see that any of then are occupied. There's a flickering torch along the wall, casting more shadows that bounce and dance, crawling too close for comfort.

         Jasmine is in control, Castiel is laying in a hospital bed suffering a stab wound, the Gods have been poisoned and Jasmine still has control over Xavier. Guards surround us and lead me into a nearby cell; dust falls from the lock as the door creaks open and the guards shove me inside. She took Harley and I to the dungeons, and now I'm all alone in the dark.

           Xavier grabs my hands from the other side of the bars: "I'll talk to Jasmine and Oscar, and I'll see what I can do about getting you out of here." Few guards still linger nearby. "Don't lose that pretty little head of yours down here, its easy to get lost in the darkness. And please don't worry about me."

           I touch his neck, wanting to break off the sharp plastic. "How can I not?" His honey-blood scent is intoxicating, and theres a thin layer of sweat coating his forehead. The hair on his arms still stands up from the shock. "Please protect your brother, if you can. Isn't there anyway to Awaken the Gods?"

             "The only antidote comes from the Land of the Living," Xavier shakes his head, and looks away. "Sometimes I just wish things were different. If we could have met in another life or another world, we could dial back on the Underworld drama. We could have gotten married, had a house with a white picket fence and maybe a dog or two instead of a kid."

           I wrinkle my nose,"I'm allergic to dogs."

           "You used to be allergic to dogs," Xavier teases. "Cats?"

           "I used to have one back home," I look away. "A life like that sounds too perfect to be real."

            "We can make it happen," Xavier whispers. "together, after this mess is taken care of. It can just be you and me for the rest of our lives."

            I smile, trying to imagine what that might be like. "Just lay low for a little while," I advise him, "and please, no more secrets between us."

          "Never again." He promises. "I love you."

           "And I love you." I hold onto him, fearing the moment we'll have to let go. Fear is the only thing that's real, running hot and sweet through my veins. Xavier silences that fear and my questions with a single kiss. He's so intoxicating and despite the need to want what he shouldn't. It pulls him closer and closer until the only thing separating us is these bars between us. "I don't want to let you go."

            "Come on Lover Boy, you serve Jasmine now. Its time to go." A guard shoves him forward.

           Xavier scowls. “Maybe you missed the memo,” he turns towards the guard. “I am no longer a servant, and if you choose to act under Jasmine's authority, there will be severe consequences, Thomas. You have served aand protected my family since my arrival. Do you really want a bad mark on your track record, now?”

             "Then you of all people should understand this uprising," Thomas sneers. "Hades beat you until you begged him to stop; Persephone doesn't even acknowledge you're her oldest son. And now they want Castiel to rule just like them? No. We're people too. We deserve fair treatment, not just when a Prince is amomg us. You serve Jasmine until further notice."

            Xavier shoves Thomas away from him: "I serve no one."

            "Getting quite ballsy for someone controlled by her, aren't you, Reyes? Everyone knows about that collar on your neck. You're just showing off for that girlfriend of yours. A girl that was meant for your brother?"