Secrets in Darkness

Despite being trapped in a dungeon cell, I have to listen to Delaney tell each and everyone of Xavier's flaws and secrets, she also calmly talks and talks and talks about everything that happened with Castiel and how they won each other over so fast. She still loves him. What will happen if Castiel finds Delaney here?

         I count three days because of each meal the guards deliver to us on a faded yellow tray. Prison food here probably isn't as bad as real life prison food; simple sandwiches, a bag of chips and a bottle of water, TV dinners and bland eggs. I want to sleep, so I stare at the ceiling while Delaney talks. Its been seven months since she's had any contact with anyone other than the guards, so I wouldn't dare tell her to shut the fuck up like I normally would. If I have to hear one more secret about Castiel or how much of an asshole Xavier is, I'm going to off myself a second time.

            Thankfully enough near the weeks end, a flurry of four guards come down the stairs. Their footsteps echo everywhere. I stand up — thinking they might take me — taking a step back, but they aren't here for me. The guards don't even look at me. Instead, they unlock Delaney's cell door and dust falls from the hinges. She shouts and struggles and begs to know where they're taking her, but there's only silence and a dark, and a bad feeling lurks deep in my churning stomach.

           I was thankful for the silence, but the darkness holds no company and my thoughts are too loud and nagging. I pace back and forth, thinking that maybe they might bring back Delaney or give news about Castiel and Xavier. I scream so loud and for so long that I lose my voice.

           How did Delaney handle being down here for seven long months without completely losing her shit? Especially since she knew about the competitors coming to steal away the Prince's heart from her.

           If I'm down here for longer than a month, I'm going to lose my shit. The rest of my marbles are going to roll down the hill. I'll be coocoo for coco puffs and the guards will find me talking to myself. Why couldn't Xavier visit, and how long did Jasmine really think she could keep me down here? "Hello!" I scream just to hear the sound of my own voice, and it echoes off the cavernous walls.

           Delaney was annoying but she was good company to keep. Did Jasmine find out about her?

           Every one of my aching thoughts is nagging at me, and I wish I could just stop them all from coming. What if Cas agreed to marry Jasmine before seeing Delaney? Is Castiel even alive? Is Xavier okay? Is Harley okay? I keep screaming to blot them out, until I can hardly breathe or move or think anymore. I scream hoping that someone will hear me, and then I let the darkness pull me under to sleep.

* * *

Its been more than a week when I hear the guards footsteps again. I don't get up from the cot, trying to reserve energy. My throat is raw and I want a shower more than a drink of tequila. I slowly sit up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes and seeing the familiar bars of my cage.

           This time when the guards come they're carrying someone new between their grasp. I hold my breath as he's placed in the cell beside me on his cot. I don't try to ask them questions about Xavier or what could possibly be going on. Instead, my eyes can't leave the figure on the cot.

           "Jasmine thought he might listen to persuasive reasoning, said there might even be something in it for you. She thought you could use some good company." Thomas sneers, closing the cell door before retreating back up the stairwell with the other guards.

            It was Castiel and he was alive.

            I move immediately to the bars that separate us, and try to get a good look at him. But his back is to me, and I think I can hear him crying. I see his body shaking. "Cas-Castiel . . . " Its hard to find my voice, but when I do, it doesnt sound like my own. "Gods, I missed you so much."