NINE

Everybody headed to the cornucopia. 

"This entire arena seems to be laid out like a clock with a new threat every hour, but they stay only within their wedge. It all starts with the lighting. Then blood rain, fog, monkeys. That's the first four hours. At ten that big wave hits from over there." 

Grace was next to Wiress. 

"Wiress, you're a genius." Finnick said, walking past both. 

"Look, the tail points at twelve." 

"That's where the lighting strikes at noon and midnight." Katniss showed Beetee exactly where the lightning hit. 

Wiress knelt down on the stones, while Grace stood next to her. "Hickory dickory dock. The mouse ran up the clock." She started singing a song. Grace didn't know it, but she wanted to understand Wiress and find out what she was thinking. 

"Continue singing." She headed to the others, who were talking about the clock. 

"Nothing but blood." 

"It doesn't matter. If we steer clear of whichever sector is active, we'll be safe." 

"Yeah. Relatively speaking." 

Wiress gasped. They all turned to her and saw who she got just stabbed from. Career. 

Katniss shot him and he fell back into the water. A cannon fired. 

From the other side the sister came, Johanna pushed Katniss out of the way and attacked her.

 Another cannon got off. The male from District two joined, attacking Finnick. The woman came, Katniss tried shooting an arrow after both, but missed. She ran after them, but Finnick held Peeta back from running after them. 

Suddenly the island started moving. Grace fell down and started holding herself. It moved faster. The two blonde boys were next to her, holding themselves too. 

 The dead body of the blonde woman fell into the water. Suddenly Beetee rolled down from up, chests and weapons coming down with him. Finnick caught him. Grace ducked as a weapon came flying towards her. She spotted another tribute, in the cornucopia, higher up. Slowly she climbed up, grabbing his leg. 

"Grace! What are you doing!?" She stabbed him into his back, making him loose his grip and both falling down the stones, then into the water. One cannon fired. 

"Grace!" The island stopped turning not long after that. They all got on their feet again and directly searched for the others. 

"Where's Katniss?" 

"She fell into the water."

"Grace also." 

The cannons didn't go off yet, meaning they were still alive. Suddenly Katniss came out of the water and Peeta ran to her, helping her up. 

"Grace!", Finnick and Johanna called her, in hope she would answer. Finnick threw his trident on the ground and jumped into the water, searching for the woman. "Finnick!"

Johanna and Beetee watched as Finnick dragged the unconscious body back on the stones and then they ran to them. He did CPR on her, their lips touching. 

Grace gasped for air and her body shot up, coughing out water. 

The blonde next to her placed his hand on her back for support. She took everything around her in She laid, now sat, on the stones, Finnick sat next to her and now all the other allies were there.

"You okay?" She stood up quickly. "Yeah, don't worry."

Finnick was impressed that this woman would risk her life by killing another tribute. She wasn't involved into the plans of district 13 and the rebellion, but he wished she was. 

"Let's just get what we need and get off the bloody island."