The Calm Before the Firestorm!

(Okay, okay, okay. It has been God knows how long since I last updated this story, but I've got good news: I'M BACK IN ACTION BABY! For those of you who have commented and waited patiently for this story to continue, please accept my most humblest and heartfelt apology. My life has been very chaotic the last few years, and it's messed with my head in a bad way. However, I couldn't stay away knowing that this story was left unchecked for so long, so I'm gonna strive to get this story completed if it's the last thing I do! So, it's time to get my ass into gear and GET MY GAME ON!)
================
Yusei POV

"...not in favour of sending any of this Academy's students into a war, however I must admit that the potential that all our other students would be able to learn Fusion Summoning this advanced so early in their curriculum is phenomenally high, especially if you're the one who would be teaching them," Shepherd finished speaking, leaning back in his chair as he pondered Jaden's request.

Barely a day had gone by since we docked at Duel Academy. The team consisting of Alexis, Jaden, Syrus, Aster and I had arrived in our newly gained submarine—curtesy of one over-ambitious Admiral—to the surprise and relief of many of the students still at the Academy. News had spread like wildfire about the attack on the KaibaDome and as a direct result of that ruthless attack, Duel Academy had been put on high alert.

Jaden had waited several hours while he unpacked all his stuff before he, Alexis and I visited Shepherd in his main office, which was huge and a little too spacious in my view of offices. That was when Jaden presented his idea to teach others in how to Fusion Summon his way, so that they could be prepared for the looming threat of Nightshroud and Sartorius.

How ironic that he would even think of teaching at a time like this, considering the fact that he usually falls asleep during class.

"Believe me Chancellor," Jaden said, looking more tired than anything. Ever since Aster proposed that Jaden should teach the other students, the Slifer King had been worrying non-stop. "I don't like the idea of anyone being sent into a war zone. But the threat is that dangerous. Truthfully, everyone here on this island is in danger of crossing and facing Sartorius, and there is every possibility that he will target this place. If there's even a small chance that I can be able to teach the others on what I can do, then I'll take it. That way, they'd be prepared for that danger."

"Jaden's right," Alexis interjected, leaning forward in her seat as she turned to the Chancellor. "You didn't see the damage Sartorius had done. A lot of people have already lost their lives to that maniac, and he's bound to make a play on Duel Academy in the future. We don't have a clue as to when that happens but he will strike at us when the time comes, and with everything he's got."

"It's just as Jaden said: at least the students of this Academy would be sufficiently trained in the amount of time that we've got," I added in, making everyone look at me. "And who better to train them than duellists who've seen firsthand what we're up against?"

Shepherd closed his eyes as he rested his chin on his closed hands, thinking long and hard on what had been said.

He eventually sighed, sitting upright in his chair. "All three of you make very valid points, and yes it would be beneficial that the students of Duel Academy would be trained by those who have had first hand experience dealing with this foe."

"I second that motion, Chancellor."

All of us turned around to see Dr. Crowler limping into the Chancellors office, leaning on his walking stick as he came to a stop in front of Jaden, who stood up and stretched his hand out.

"Glad to see you back on your feet, Teach," Jaden smiled.

Crowler shook Jaden's hand with a smile of his own. "It will take more than Nightshroud torturing me to make me stop guarding this school. And as long as my Ancient Gears and I are able-bodied and operational, we'll be giving our enemy a jolly good show!"