A Not So Happy Friendly Reunion: Part 1

Alexis POV

Before the sky turned black with storm clouds, I was running early in the morning with Jaden.

For him, it was a daily routine for him ever since he left the Academy in his time. Plus, from what I learnt from Yubel the other day, he found it completely impossible to sit still or do nothing in the day. And you know what: I actually believed it, because when Jaden set his mind to something, he does it.

I was actually planning on hanging out with Jasmine and Mindy for the early morning, but then I saw Jaden running by and I quickly changed my mind on hanging out with the girls. I told him to wait for me as I ran back to get changed into some running clothes.

So there I was, sweating heavily as I kept up with Jaden as he ran along the coastal cliffs. I was panting madly as well, as my chest heaved with heavy breaths. I was wearing a sleeveless black top, with a pair of long skin tight black pants that were soaked with sweat. My hair was pulled back into a ponytail, but that didn't stop it from getting messy. Jaden wore a black top as well, with a pair of black pants and black trainers, with his red jacket wrapped around his waist. He was a little ahead of me, looking back once in a while to check if I was still following him.

Just then, we stopped by the docks, which gave me enough time to catch my breath. I placed my hands on my knees, panting heavily as I managed to slowly get my breath back. Jaden didn't seem to be winded in anyway shape or form, though his face was flushed and slightly sweaty.

"I didn't know...I was that much out of shape," I panted. "How do you even...manage to...stand up after this?"

Jaden shrugged, sitting down on the edge of the docking platform on the right, his feet dangling over the rippling salt water. "No idea. It must be from...the Supreme Kings and Yubels souls being merged...with mine. Doesn't mean I can't get tired though."

I sat down next to him, relieved that I could relax my feet in the cool water. He handed me his bottle of water, and I excepted it gratefully. I looked over at the rising sun, thinking that today would be a great day since it was Saturday today. For me, I thought it would mean the chance to hang out with some of my friends. And thanks to Jaden, I was all fired up and ready to go...just as soon as I get back to my Dorm, get a shower and get a fresh change of clothes on.

Suddenly, Jaden tensed, quickly looking over his shoulder. I frowned, doing the same thing as he did, though I saw nothing in the distance except for the old Royal Family Ruins a couple of miles away from where we were.

"What's up?" I asked Jaden.

Jaden grimaced. "Let's just say that those ruins aren't all that they seem."

I frowned again. "What do you mean?"

Jaden nodded, like he knew I would be confused. "Right, you know how I have abilities thanks to Yubel? Well, some of the abilities you already know of: seeing duel monster spirits, being able to speak with them, understand them and being able to summon them by sheer will. What I didn't tell you is that thanks to Yubel, I can be able to pinpoint wormholes that lead to other dimensions and literally travel to them."

I looked at him in surprise. "So you could actually go to any of them if you wanted?"

Jaden nodded, though he did grimace again. "I can, but it severely drains me of energy for a short time. Most of the time I have Yubel helping me - its easy for her because she's technically a duel monsters spirit, but since she's connected to me it's a lot more complicated."

I nodded along with him, before looking in the direction he looked at before. "So how come you were looking over there? You think there's a portal to another dimension?"