I'm Back Home

"Good luck at the Academy, Jaden."

It was in the evening of the day, and it was time for everyone to board the ships that were waiting for us at the docks. Before we got there, me as well Alexis and Syrus hung out at Yugi's, since we knew we were gonna leave soon. Yugi invited us at his as it was, so we decided to go with it and we actually got to hang out at his. We only stayed a couple of hours, until it was time to go.

A small cluster of students were boarding one of the many travelling boats to get to the Academy - adventure cruise ships that were built for maybe a hundred people per boat. Several of the new Slifer Red students were waiting outside just to the right of the boarding ramp, apparently waiting for me.

Standing next to me were Alexis and Syrus, who wanted to go on the boat that I would be travelling in, since Yugi asked them to accompany me. Not that I didn't mind, since I would've asked them anyway. And speaking of Yugi, he stood to my right and was shaking my hand, wishing me luck which I greatly appreciated.

"Thanks, Yugi," I said smiling. "God knows I need it."

Yugi chuckled. "Don't worry about it, Jaden. As long as you got your friends with you, you can overcome any obstacle. And speaking about your friends..." He reached into his deck holder and brought out five of the cards. "Why don't you take these cards? I know you have Winged Kuriboh, but I think you'll find these cards useful as well."

He handed me the cards, and I saw that they were the cards called United We Stand, Counter Gate, Warriors Devotion, Krystal Avatar and Dig Of Destiny.

"Thanks, Yugi," I said sincerely. "You know, this makes it the second time you've given me cards that somehow help in a duel. First Winged Kuriboh, and now these cards."

Yugi smiled again, patting my shoulder. "That's what friends do, Jaden. They look out for each other." He looked down at his watch, his eyes widening. "Is that really the time? Oh god, Teá is gonna kill me if I'm late. Jaden, I best be off - got a date with my girlfriend."

He gave me a quick bear hug, and started running down the street, his jacket blowing behind him. He extended his right arm out, giving me a thumbs up. "I'll see you again, Jaden! Farewell for now!"

I smiled, watching him turn the corner and run out of sight. "See ya', Yugi."

I picked up my suitcase, as well as my backpack, whilst turning around to face the cruise ship. I looked at Syrus. "You ready for this, Sy?"

Syrus looked extremely nervous, but he shouldered his backpack and gave me a look of hardened determination. "You kidding me? I'm always ready. I was born ready for this! Come on, let's do it!"

He rushed past me, though he tripped and fell face first onto the wooden ramp. Both me and Alexis cringed at that - that had to hurt a bit.

Syrus quickly got up to his feet, giving me a thumbs up. "I'm alright! Just a minor setback! See you two on board!" He rushed out of sight.

I smiled, crossing my arms over my chest and looking sideways at Alexis. "That kid sure does surprise me. With a little more confidence, I'm sure he'd make a great duellist one day."

Alexis looked at me, curiosity written on her face. "You have a lot of faith in people, don't you?"

I nodded. "I found out a long time ago that people just need to see that they can overcome any obstacle, just by believing in themselves. They do that, then they can do anything."