Winter Holidays and Upcoming Tournament

Jaden POV

Well, wintertime sure did come quickly, I thought to myself as I looked through the nearby interior window, staring at the white fluffy stuff known as snow.

I mean, I've been at the Academy for the best part of five months now and boy, did the time fly by so quickly! Snow was falling from the sky in heavy blankets, and the cold was near enough freezing to the point where it would chill you to the bone. I had my red jacket wrapped around me as usual, as I watched countless students frolic around and enjoying the snowball fights they were having, and to be I was glad that I was out of range.

Plus, I was glad to finally have the chance to recharge for the winter - ever since I rose to prominence as the top student at Duel Academy, every student from every house has wanted to duel me every day. That, and I now had to attend all these sorts of meetings with Chancellor Shepherd - Academy specials, meeting with other Chancellors like the one from North Academy, stuff like that. It made me glad that I could be able to rest for the season until I'm back in top forms

Plus, it gives me a chance to recover from my last tough duel. I had no idea why that duel with Dimitri gave me such a massive heart attack. The duel with Zane never did anything to me, but my body just couldn't be able to handle the pressure from my duel with Dimitri. So I was glad that I could recover some more.

I was cooped up inside the garage that me and Yusei were in, working on his Duel Runner for most of the day. I promised him that I would help get his Duel Runner going again. I knew that if could get it working again, I could be able to go back to my own timeline. It made me sad about the thought, but I knew that I had to.

As a surprise, Chazz and Atticus had joined in on the fun since they were interested in what me and my future friend were doing. Plus, I had a sneaky suspicion that Alexis asked them to - ever since my duel with Dimitri, she's been keeping an eye on me to make sure hat I was alright. As a matter of fact, I actually caught her saying that stuff without her knowing it.

Chazz was lying on his newly acquired black duster coat, looking up at the machinery underneath the ride and screwing things as best he could. I have to admit, ever since I told him that he had a black jacket in my timeline, he immediately got one from North Academy - how he did, I'll never fully know, but I suspected that money was involved. Whatever the reason, he still loved the thing. He even changed his deck, so it now housed the three Ojama Brothers. It made me laugh a little, because as soon as he added them into his deck, they appeared right next to Chazz, and they immediately began annoying him.

Atticus was helping me sort out most of the plating and where it needed to go. After recovering from his ordeal of being controlled by Nightshroid, he started trying his hardest to make sure he wasn't controlled by the sadistic dark god again. He also started training with his Red Eyes deck, trying to make sure that Nightshroud's influence was completely banished from every card. It wasn't particularly easy, but he finally succeeded in it, with a little help from me now and again.

Yusei was there on his computer formulating the software that the ride needed. It amazed me how he was good at his computer tech. I guess he did learn a lot of things while in the Satellite. There were files here, and files there. Apparently he was good at memorising the tech stuff when he created it, so for him it was a walk on the park.

"Ah, wait a moment, that component isn't suppose to be in that part...There we go...If it's gonna work again, I need to boost the speed of the engine and motor...Clear off that scrub, place it in there..." I heard him mumble from time to time, and I still haven't got a clue what he's saying.