The Revelation

Jaden POV

I was tossing and turning in my bed, sweat pouring down my forehead as I had the worst nightmare of my life. Ever since I came to Duel Academy Island, the nightmares have profoundly gotten worse by the nights. This time, it was a whole lot different and a whole lot frightening.

"This is the future for all mankind!" Nightshroud proclaimed in glory, his towering cloaked skeletal figure shrouded in dark aura as he showed me the future of the world - all of it desolate and utterly destroyed. "This is the fate that awaits you all!"

"No it won't!" I bellowed, anger and fear roaring through my veins. "I won't allow you to destroy this world! This is my home, and I will protect it!"

"Then you are a fool, Jaden Yuki," the dark figure sneered. "The fate of the world is sealed. The world of Darkness will come, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. I am the future of all mankind! It is unavoidable!"

"We'll see about that, Nightshroud!" I yelled at him, drawing a card. "Neos, ATTACK!"

Neos Wiseman raced forward and shot a powerful blast of energy towards Nightshrouds Darkness Seed, but something was off. Why is it that Nightshroud was acting different than before!

Then he smiled...if a skeletal figure could smile that is. Suddenly, tendrils of shadows wrapped around my feet and legs, and they were snaking up towards my chest. I looked down in horror and fear, praying for it to stop.

"Ah, so you have returned to this time, Jaden Yuki," he gloated. "What an interesting turn of events. No matter, your victory is still slim to none. This time, I WILL BE VICTORIOUS!"

"NO!" I screamed, trying to break free of the shadows that were now up to my neck. "Yubel, Supreme King, HELP ME!"

The shadows now wrapped around my head-

"AHHH!" I woke up from my nightmare, panting wildly and sweating.

I looked around my room, making sure that I didn't wake Syrus or Chumley up. I looked at the time it said on my watch, seeing that it was almost one in the morning. I shook my head, getting out of the bottom bunk of the bed I shared with Syrus and Chumley, placing my head in my hands.

That was the worst nightmare I ever had. Now I was sure of two things: one, Nightshroud knows I'm from the future; two, he's gonna stop at nothing to make sure that I won't stop him this time. I could still feel the shadows wrapping around me, and I instantly shivered.

I had to get some air. The whole room that I was in was completely dark except for the night lamp on the desk. I got changed into my usual attire and walked outside, sighing in relief as I felt the cool air on my face. For that one moment, I felt at peace. But like always that peace was disturbed.

Something to my right caught my eye. I turned around and I saw Alexis heading down the path towards what I knew as the Abandoned Dorm. I knew why she would go there - as I recalled, this day marked one year since the disappearance of Atticus, the older brother of Alexis and literally one of my friends three years ahead in the future. I decided, just for the sake in making sure she was safe, to follow.

There was actually another reason why I followed her. Remembering that Alexis got kidnapped by Titan, the illusionist tough guy that I faced in my first year, I wanted to make sure at it never happened again. The last time I fought him, he had angered the spirits of the Shadow Realm when he was pretending that he could banish a person to that very place. If it weren't for Winged Kuriboh, I wouldn't have been able to come to my senses, and when that happened, it was very bad indeed.