Outpowering The D: Part 1

Jaden POV

"Well," I said in shock, "this was not what I was expecting at all."

I was waiting in the stands of the entire crowd, looking at the hundreds and thousands of people in the stadium. I think the estimated amount of people in the stadium right now was little over half a million citizens. At least, that's what Yugi said. I was thinking it was way more than that. Then again, I'm not good counting big crowds.

Even the rest of the gang were thinking the same thing. Chazz was just looking at the scene with an open mouth. Syrus was looking very faint, and looking close to passing out. Atticus was pale white as snow. And as for Alexis, her eyes were just wide in amazement as she gazed at the audience.

"Now that's what I call an eye opener," she said. "I mean, I knew I signed myself up for a tournament duel, but I didn't know it was in front of this many people."

Chazz quickly shook his head, like he had a sugar high or something. He then pumped the air with his right fist. "Alright! Half a million people watching me duel! Now that's something to look forward to! Bring it on!"

"Someone's eager."

I froze at that voice. I turned around and to my shock, I was face to face with the guy behind this whole tournament: Seto Kaiba, CEO of KaibaCorp and wielder of the legendary Blue Eyes White Dragon. He looked down on all of us, regarding us with almost emotionless eyes, but I could see the fire in his eyes.

"So, this is the group that Yugi has told me so much about," he mused, looking sideways at me and Yusei. "And you must be Jaden Yuki and Yusei Fudo, I believe?"

We both nodded at his statement. "Yes sir."

"Hmm. I heard all about your methods of summoning, though I have not heard of such a thing called Synchro Summoning. And to hear that a nineteen year old kid such as yourself can wield such skill of Fusion Summoning is hard to believe. Though I would have to see these skills with my own eyes in order to see if this is real or not. Try not to disappoint me. After all, you wouldn't want to prove Yugi wrong in his beliefs, would you?"

He just walked away before we even had the chance to say something back.

"Yep," Chazz modded. "Same old Kaiba alright."

"Jeez, what a jerk," Alexis said, a frown on her face. "He's overly confident in his duelling abilities if he can talk to us like that, don't you think?"

"Yeah well, what can we do about it?" I asked, shrugging my shoulders. "Nothing at all."

"I'd say we get to duelling," Atticus said, getting everyone's attention. "But I wonder who we're pitted up against?"

"It should say on the screen in a second," Syrus said, looking up at the giant screen above the stadium.

"So how does this work?" Chazz asked.

"From what Yugi said, there's over thirty two duellists competing in this tournament," Alexis said. "But this is also an Ante Duel: you've got to put up your rarest card, and if either duellist wins, they win also win that card. The first part involves the first quarter so we have to make sure we're in the twelve that makes it to the next round of duelling. Meaning we've got to battle like never before."

At that point of her explanation, I brought out my deck where Neos's card lay on top. "Well, you can be sure that me and Neos are gonna bring it. From this point on until it ends, we're all rivals."

We all nodded, just before the announcer presented himself over the speaker and everyone started cheering.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the World Championship Duelling Tournament!" he shouted, getting a loud round of applause from the crowd. "We have a lot of action here for you today, and we look forward to seeing all these amazing duellists showing us what they're made of! Before we get this show underway, let's have a look on the matchups for our eager duellists!"