Outpowering The D: Part 2

Jaden POV

I stared down at the duellist in front of me, wondering how I was going to play this out. According to the Aster I knew from my timeline, this guy had some serious tricks up his sleeve, as well as the fact that he would just come right at you with everything he's got.

I looked to my right, to see that Aster was standing right to the side, watching at who was going to make the first move. I desperately wanted to tell him that the D was the very guy who was responsible for his dads disappearance, but I knew he wasn't going to listen to me one bit. Aster never did back in my time.

I turned to look at the D again, after I drew my five cards to begin with. "You can go first. I'll go second."

"With pleasure," the D said, drawing his six cards. "To begin with, I'll summon out Des Feral Imp in defence mode."

(Des Feral Imp - 1600/1800)

"Then, I'll place one card face down to end my turn. Your move."

That made me frown slightly. Why would he instantly summon a Flip Effect monster on the very first turn. Normally, if it was played properly, Des Feral Imp would've allowed The D to select a card in his graveyard and place it back into his deck. That would mean that he would have a card ready to use later.

It's obvious that he's getting ready to summon Destiny HERO Plasma, Haou said as he appeared in his astral form next to me. Why else would he summon a monster like that on the first go?

"I was thinking the same thing," I murmured. "If thats the case, then it's already in his hand. Or maybe he's just setting the field up so he could be ready for it when he draws it. I've got to see if it's there or not."

I quickly looked at my hand. "And I think I've got a way of doing it, but I'm gonna need the help of your Evil HERO's in case it comes out."

You don't need to ask for my help when it comes to my monsters, Haou sternly told me. We're a team. And that deck represents the both of us. So do what you have to do.

I nodded at him, before looking back at my deck and drawing my next card. What I drew was exactly what I needed to prove to Aster that the D was lying to him.

"Aster, you better pay attention to this move," I told him without looking at him.

Aster clearly frowned at that statement. "And why should I?"

This time I looked at him, staring at him dead in the eye. "Because what I'm about to do is show you that The D is not the guy you thought he was. I'm gonna prove to you that he's a liar and that you should've stayed away from him all those years ago."

Aster was getting more and more confused by the second, but thanks to Yubel's power, I could sense that it was shock that Aster was feeling right now. Shock of how I knew his past, and why I wanted to prove something against The D.

"What are you trying to say to me?" he demanded.

I turned around to look directly at the D, picking out one of the cards in my hand. "Instead of explaining it all, why don't I let my cards do the talking for you? I place one card facedown, and then I summon out everyone's favourite Golden Boy - or should I say Elemental HERO Sparkman in attack mode!"

(Elemental HERO Sparkman - 1600/1400)

"Next up is my Mighty HERO spell card. Since I've got an Elemental HERO out on my field, I can target one spell or trap card on your field and one on mine, and send them packing all the way to the graveyard."