Chapter 2

I don't even know why Huiying is here. Is she also one of the many people placed in my life to spy on me?

Ag, at this point, I don't even care.

"Hey, are you ok? I kind of heard your phone call conversation with your mom. Are you really going to give back everything they have given you? How will you live?"

"Are you worried about me or the money? Also, if you heard the conversation, then how can I be ok? Please just give me some space for today, let me think."

"How did you even know I was here?"

"Well, you left me at the apartment, so I was looking for you to return the keys, I went to your class and Jili told me you were here."

"OK, thanks. I will call you later. That's if I have a phone later."

"OK, but can I just say one more thing? To answer your question, I am worried about you, not the money. I do have my own money. I can help you out if you need me to. Also, you know the best way to get our parents off our backs is to excel at what we do. Just try for the next 6 months to do your best. Ok?"

"OK, I heard you now go back to class."

She leaned in and kissed my cheek.

Huiying is really a good friend, she has very strict parents as well. So I know she understands. I guess it is true that "birds of the same feather flock together." I have tried so many times to view her as a potential partner, but I can not. We have been friends since we were in diapers, and because of that, she is like a sister to me.

She seems more excited about the idea of us being together than I expected her to be. That's what makes it difficult to turn her advances down.

I really had no desire to go back to class, but I had something to prove to my parents, so off I go.

I got to Professor Chen's class early because I did not go meet with my friends. I was not in the mood to tell them what happened earlier.

A confused looking boy I had never seen before poked his head into the class.

"Oh, hi. I did not realize there was someone already here. I am a new student here, I just transferred because my parents moved to Beijing. Sorry, my name is Xiao Zhan."

"Hi, I am Wang Yibo. Nice to meet you."

I put my head back down on my hands.

"Sorry to bother you. I am looking for Professor Chen's class. Do you know where I can find it?"

"This is her class, but it won't start for another 20 min."

"OK, thank you, I will just wait because there is really nothing else for me to do."

He started walking straight towards me. With a whole class full of empty seats, why is he coming to sit next to me? And indeed, as I guessed, he pulled out the chair right next to me and set down.

"Here"

He handed me something in a box.

"What's this?"

"You look like your headache is giving you a hard time. Take these, they will help you. I struggle with terrible headaches, so I know what a person struggling with one looks like."

"I don't need them, I will just sleep it off."

I was not trying to be rude, I really wanted to sleep.

"This will also help your nap be more restful."

"The way you are forcing me to take these, I will start suspecting that you are trying to poison me."