Chapter 15

Everyone was startled by the sudden sound. Yibo and Xian both came to me, but Xian got me to me first and pushed Yibo away from me.

I was very surprised with what had just happened, but what was more surprising was that Yibo didn't even fight back.

What the hell is going in here?

"Ok then, love birds, we will see you later. Zhan and I will clean up and make another salad. Enjoy! Yibo, stop worrying about unnecessary things."

He nodded to him and, with no more words, they left.

The pain I was feeling in my heart was unbearable. I couldn't breathe and felt suffocated by the situation.

Even worse was me trying to figure out why Yibo switched the way he did.

"You have a lot of questions, don't you, I can see from the look in your eyes. Unfortunately, I can't answer any of them. It's neither my place nor am I interested in the love triangle you guys have going on. What I am interested in is the awesome food you made. Can we eat now?"

I turned and looked at him in disbelief. He just moved on from everything, like it never even happened.

"Don't overthink the situation. It's not what it looks like. I can tell you that. Don't overthink, let have a meal together. I will keep you company.

"OK, if you say so."

I took a deep breath and willed myself to snap out of it.

"Let me get to know you. What do you say, huh?"

We ate and spoke for so long. He was telling me about their childhood and how their parents used to be very loving when they were young. Somehow, they changed after Yibo turned 13 and just became over expecting parents.

He had so many fond memories of them as a family, I wonder what happened?

We were laughing our heads off sitting on the couch when Yibo walked in.

He just stood at the door not coming in.

"What's happening with you? Pick if you are coming in or not. You can't just stand by the door like that. It is creepy and abnormal."

Xian and Yibo's relationship is a typical one between 2 brothers. As much as they off handedly respond to each other, you can tell they love each other.

"What has you guys laughing so hard that you have to lean so close to each other?"

"What happened? Did you have a miserable time at the picnic, and now you want to mess up our afternoon, too? No thanks, you are more than welcome to go back and take the misery with you, too."

I really had nothing to say. My silence was not because I was angry or anything. I really was giving them a chance to talk it out between the two of them.

"Zhan, are you not going to acknowledge me?"

"What do you want him to do? Run to you and jump on you with excitement. Like I said before, Yibo, come inside and join us. Stop just standing there in expectation."

I decided to go to him and receive him at the door.

I gave him a hug, and that was a bad idea on my part because all I could smell on him was Huiying's perfume. I had to control my response so I could defuse whatever was going on with him.

"How was the picnic?"

I asked.

"Too long and Huiying was hanging on to me the whole time. I was worried the whole time about how you looked when I left. I couldn't wait to be back, but I guess I had nothing to worry about because my brother did a great job filling in for me."