Chapter 18

"Ying, what are you talking about?"

She looked down and just cried.

"OK, what video did you receive, dad?"

I had to keep up with my acting.

"This."

He turned the laptop around so that I could see what was on the screen.  I had already seen the video, and I really hated having to watch it again. I pressed pause and looked at Huiying. She was a mess, but i could tell there was more to the story.

"Are you saying someone made you do that?"

"No, not that."

"Then what?"

"I don't want to marry you, I am tired of pretending to be in love with you and cause the person I love so much hurt. I don't know who took this video, but I am tired of pretending. It's tiring."

"Shut up, you silly girl. Who did you think we are doing this for. What will that boy even offer you. He is a farmer's child. Do you think we raised you to marry into a family like that?"

"Mr Chen, as friends, I think you owe us an explanation. So you knew about this all along. We were forcing our son to do right by your daughter, and she was already with someone else?"

"No, it's not like that. She was supposed to break up with that boy when we announced their engagement. We didn't know that they went to the same school. We would have never allowed it. They can still break up, and all this can be history."

No, that can not be the solution. I can't let that happen, but I didn't have to say anything because Huiying beat me to it.

"We can't break up!"

"Yes, you can! Young girl, are you disobeying us now. We are your parents and that is what you will do!"

Father and daughter going back and forth.

"I can't break up with him because I am pregnant with his child!"

She said these words in almost a whisper. But everyone's gasp was a clear indication that they all heard.

"You are what? Huiying, how can you even do that with a person you are not married to. You have been given too much freedom, young girl."

I was shocked to the core. I was also wondering why her mom was not saying a thing.

"Why are you surprised about me doing that. Aren't you the one who encouraged me to seduce Yibo so that I can carry his child to secure the wedding."

"Why would you ask Huiying to do something like that? We had already agreed that the kids would marry each other. Why were you so desperate?

"It's because they need to file for bankruptcy. He has been lying about the success of his companies. They are not doing as well as he said they are."

My brother added more drama to all that is going on, I don't even want to know how he found that out.

"What? Is that true? Are you really using us to secure financial stability?"

"That's not what we were doing. We just didn't want Huiying to have a hard time if we did file for bankruptcy. Anyway, who's to say that the baby she is carrying is not Yibo's baby?"

At this, I knew it was time to speak up.

"We both know that that is not mine because I have NEVER touched your daughter. I have never even kissed her. Unless holding hands and hugging and cause someone to conceive."

"We get it. There is no need to be sarcastic. Now that we know that this is not our son's doing. Let's all agree that this wedding is not going to happen. Also, I don't have anything more to say to you and your daughter, I believe you should handle the rest at home as a family. The engagement is called off."