Chapter 12

"So when will you talk to your roommate? I am kind of tired right now and would like to get settled in."

"So pushy, just wait here I am coming."

I started walking towards my room.

"Why is your roommate in your room and not in the extra room?"

"If you have to know, we were studying together, and he got tired and took a nap in my room. It is almost exam time, you know."

"OK, there is no need to be so defensive."

"I don't even understand why of all places you would come here."

I left to go talk to Zhan. I really did not want to wake him up knowing what I put him through earlier.

When I got into the room, he was still sound asleep.

I sat on the bed and kissed his forehead.

"Zhan, I am so sorry to wake you up, but we have a situation."

"What now?"

He was still half asleep.

"My older brother is here."

"OK, so why do I have to wake up...?"

I guess he was still registering my words because he soon jumped up and started screaming from pain.

It's really a bad day to have guests today. Zhan can hardly move without wincing from pain.

"Hey, are you ok?"

"How can I be ok after you tried to devour me like that."

"OK, ok, sshhh, sorry. Don't speak so loud my brother will hear you. I told him we are roommates and you fell asleep while studying."

"OK, so he can't find out about us, right?"

"Yes, he can't. I will find a good time to talk to him about everything. For now, can we not tell him, please!"

"That's fine, you can talk to him when you are ready. Our situation is kind of complicated, you know. What we have is more like an affair than anything."

His eyes were sad but understanding.

"Zhan, don't say that. You know that the engagement is not my decision, and I would do anything to change the circumstances we find ourselves in right now."

"I know, it just doesn't hurt any less to know the person you don't want gets to claim you loudly, and the one that you want has to keep their love for you a secret."

"It will only be a season, babe, only a season."

I pulled him close to me, and we shared a hug and a kiss. Short but meaningful.

"Oh, about my brother. Long story short, he needs a place to stay for 2 weeks. He is asking to stay here with us. Is that fine with you?"

"It's your apartment. You need to decide that. I just can't move out because it's exam time, and going up and down will have a negative effect on my study time."

"No, you are not going anywhere. Actually, can you move your things into my room so that he can stay in your room?"

"What? That's going to be very awkward. Why don't you stay with your brother in this room. It makes better sense that way. Your plan will make him suspicious of us."

"OK, yeah. You are right, I was not thinking straight. I just don't want to be separated from you.

"You are such drama king. We are still living in the same apartment, you can see me anytime you want, just remember to behave like a roommate, ok."