xxxi. NO USE CRYING OVER SPILLED BLOOD.

ACT TWO

ACT TWO. fish out of water.
CHAPTER xxxi. ❛ NO USE CRYING OVER SPILLED BLOOD. ❜

5 MONTHS LATER,PALACE OF ELFHAME

5 MONTHS LATER,
PALACE OF ELFHAME.

      "ENJOYING YOURSELF?" THE NEW HIGH KING OF FAERIE asks, resting comfortably upon the throne. The Crown that's not really his crown rests at a slope across his head, a long scarlet cloak pinned at his shoulder. It sweeps across the dais, bleeding villainously. Jude Duarte resides at the other ━━━━━━ the Kingdom's new honoured Seneschal. His worthy advisor.

"Not as much as you," Jude remarks, unnerved by how comfortable he looks.

Before the King could mock her further, his Master of Whispers arrived.

        When Allura Evetine enters the room, all eyes fall upon her. The pixies of the Court regard her with jealousy when their partners turn heads. Faeries of the revel sing in her presence. But the King and his advisor share the same longing gaze that they always do. Pained and yearning. Tormented hunger that rose above all else. Even despite the splinters of their past. There is a lightness in the air that Allura brings to the palace ━━━━━━ birdsongs and music and life and joy. For no matter what ignobleties darken the sky, she always shines bright enough to prosper. Cardan and Jude catch each other's stare before frowning and averting their eyes.