xlvii. THE BRIDE AND THE GLOOM.

ACT TWO

ACT TWO. a fish out of water.
CHAPTER xlvii. ❛ THE BRIDE AND GLOOM. ❜

palace of elfhame,elfhame

palace of elfhame,
elfhame.

        ALLURA ENTERS THE PALACE WITH A STRANGLED SOB, hauling her mother's body across the stone floors. After dragging the woman for miles upon miles, it was a miracle she was still up and standing. Well, if you could call it that. Allura heaved with all her strength and stumbled over her bloodied feet. It isn't until she reaches the torchlight that she finally stops for breath. Sinking down next to her comatose mother, Allura finally broke down. She cried so hard she could not call for help and was only found when the music died down. A faerie hears her weeps from afar and peers around the corner to spy. When she catches sight of the bloodied fey, the young girl screams and runs. It is only after, when the others come, that Allura realises she went to get help.

They alert the nearest knight to the scene ━━━━━━ which happens to be the Ghost in disguise.

     From across the revel, Cardan sits in his throne. He hears everything. So when the Ghost slips out into the darkness of the hallway, the boy stands up and follows. Despite being the High King, he slinks through the crowd without a second glance. Everybody is either too drunken or too blissfully unaware to notice him pass them by. At one point, a boy drapes across his chest and he simply peels him away.