xliv. CROSS HER HEART AND HOPE TO DIE.

ACT TWO

ACT TWO. fish out of water.
CHAPTER xliv. ❛ CROSS HER HEART AND HOPE TO DIE. ❜

palace of elfhame,elfhame

palace of elfhame,
elfhame.

         WHEN ALLURA IS FINISHED WITH HER MAKE-DO REVENGE, she finds herself wandering through the palace halls. With Jude gone, having set out to the mortal realm mere hours ago, Allura was feeling particularly lonely. She had hoped the journey had gone smoothly. After all, Jude had taken voyage over the sea. Certainly a bold move considering their political status. When Jude had first announced her departure, Allura had had an awful vision of the sirens using their webbed talons to claw their way onto the boat and devour her friend whole. Of course, she had tried to reason with Jude. But the mortal wasn't exactly reasonable. She wanted to ensure that Oak was safe and Allura could not argue with that. If Queen Orlagh was capable of one thing, preying on the innocent was certainly it.

And that's what Oak was.

Innocent.

      It's disturbing to think this will all be his one day. The Palace, the Throne, the Kingdom. He is just a boy ━━━━━━ and he's been promised everything. She wonders if that's how Dain felt. If he ever had to act a certain way just to fulfil his father's expectations. Then she remembers he was slowly killing him, so perhaps he wasn't the greatest example. But Cardan didn't exactly fit the criteria.