xlix. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO ALLURA EVETINE?

ACT TWO

ACT TWO. fish out of water.
CHAPTER xlix. ❛ WHATEVER HAPPENED TO ALLURA EVETINE? ❜

 ❛ WHATEVER HAPPENED TO ALLURA EVETINE? ❜

queen orlagh's kingdom,
the undersea.

         WHEN ALLURA AWAKES IN TOTAL DARKNESS, a scream of panic escapes her. Her jaw opens and a terrible pain explodes in her skull. She feels as though she's been bludgeoned with a rock. No, wait, that actually happened. The Ghost. Allura feels sick with betrayal. But she pushes him to the back of her mind. Instead, the girl feels around for some clue as to where the hell he might have taken her. Then she feels the pressure on her chest, in her lungs. A crushing but familiar weight. She knows what glamour this is. Many storms ago, Vivi had taken Allura to an underwater revel in order to pursue a mermaid. She recalls being forced to swallow a pink bubble mixture and it allowed her, temporarily, to breathe underwater. This was that same feeling. Her body trembles with dread. She's undersea.

Allura Evetine had been captured by the Undersea.

        Just as the girl was about to lose her mind to the darkness, something happened. A stream of light burst into her eyes and Allura fell back in surprise. When a moment passes and the pain is not so searing, she gapes around. Allura was chained to a reef bed padded with coral and seaweed ━━━━━━ the latter of which had long tendrils floating around her to the currents. She saw she was in some kind of dome and frowned. No. Not a dome. A giant clam or oyster (Allura had never really known the difference) enclosed her inside like her very own prison cell. And curled up at the bottom was the Queen of the Undersea's prize. Allura Evetine: her pearl.