l. NOT ANOTHER GREEK TRAGEDY!

ACT TWO

ACT TWO. fish out of water.
CHAPTER l. ❛ NOT ANOTHER GREEK TRAGEDY! ❜

 ❛ NOT ANOTHER GREEK TRAGEDY! ❜

queen orlagh's kingdom,
the undersea.

        AS ALLURA EVETINE FLOATED OVER THE STADIUM, her heart was racing only that much faster. The ocean seemed so mammoth that morning and ready to swallow her whole. Queen Orlagh overlooked the entire arena ━━━━━━ sitting on a throne even greater than the last. Selkies and sirens and nixies and merfolk all take their seats in the audience. Allura spots Jude on the other side of the amphitheatre. She was balancing atop of a matching podium, staring with those faux-glamoured eyes. Allura wasn't sure what Orlagh had planned...but she could take a guess. From the way Balekin was talking, Jude and Allura were going to fight to the death. Pitted against one another: gladiator style. And the only way to end the bloodsport was to give herself away. For Allura to become theirs.

Perfect.

Anxiety churned in Allura's gut.

        They were high enough now where they couldn't be heard. Six days (at least she thinks it's been six days) had passed since Allura last saw Jude. After the banquet, the pair had been imprisoned in their own respectable cages. Tortured, belittled, starved and neglected. Jude looked worse by the minute. She had purple circles around her eyes and a stomach that pained with hunger. Allura was weak and vomiting often.