001

I didn't know how to react at first. I was frozen in place at the face of our discovery whereas everyone else was celebrating with joy. The man that a couple of hours ago was so against traveling all this way rushed towards me to tell me that we found what we were looking for.

I couldn't find it in myself to celebrate our discovery.

This was hidden behind the mountains, a large facility that could house hundreds of thousands of people

This was hidden behind the mountains, a large facility that could house hundreds of thousands of people. I am so glad they couldn't see my expression because my thoughts all went to the same dark place.

Why does it look abandoned? Where are the people that built this?

More importantly, if the Sins never come to the snow, what happened to them?

I lead them forward while keeping my guard up to ensure that I am not walking all of us to some false hope filled with the same monsters that we are running away from. The frozen fog in the air is hiding it perfectly which makes it impossible to spot this place from a distance.

But wouldn't someone have taken this place for themselves already? Maybe they never found it.

I hope that is the case.

We reach what appears to be a shutter that is open. Two of the mages with us walk past me and pull off their gloves to create flames in their hands to light up the area ahead of us. Beyond the shutters, is a vast room shrouded in darkness.

"(Y/N)," I look at one of them, "is this it?"

I nod. "It is, just be careful because we don't know what is in there."

They both step inside and create a large flame to show there are stacks of wood piled up near the entrance. I walk towards it to see that they were covered in frost, one of them walks up to pile in front of me before asking.

"Should I light it?"

I glance around. "Why would they put it all here?"

He gestures around. "This looks like a loading bay, we don't know when was the last time anyone was here so we can't rely on tracks in the snow."

I nod slowly. "Makes sense, could you make a light strong enough to light up the entire room so that we can see better without burning all of the wood?"

He nods. "Only for ten minutes, so don't take too long." He glances over his shoulder, "Suzi, come help me."

Stefan meets up with Suzi and the two of them create a beam in the air that creates a ball of fire above us to light up the entire room. I quickly jog away from the wood to get a better view of this place.

 I quickly jog away from the wood to get a better view of this place