003

We've pushed through the facility to the central area and everyone has grouped up here. The few that know how to work the consoles have started sitting down to go through what they can find while Cu Chulainn and some of our mages are stood at the shutter leading outside of the control room.

 The few that know how to work the consoles have started sitting down to go through what they can find while Cu Chulainn and some of our mages are stood at the shutter leading outside of the control room

I am seated faced with the woman that is the leader of the people living in the snowy wasteland. Angelica is older than me, probably in her late thirties if I have to guess. She has a nasty scar traveling from her chin to her cheek.

Her hair looks as if it was frosted and could never thaw out but despite that and the obvious scars from battle, she is attractive.

"The computer, AI if you want to call it that, is booting up, and all of the sentience of the program is still asleep."

In the chair I am resting I lean forward to look at the table. "Lot of scans of contamination, I think the people that were alive here all got turned into Sins."

She nods. "Would explain why these sectors are quarantined," she gestures to the red blocks on the map of the facility. "Defences are frozen over and we still don't know what and why we have magical anomalies."

I glance at Cu. "Because of me, I'd suspect."

Rubbing her chin she takes a deep breath. "We should clean up what isn't locked down and scavenge everything we can. Then we should find some Snow Pirates and see if we can get them to join up with us."

Nathan who was sitting next to us quietly scoffs. "Pirates?"

"They aren't bad people," she expresses. "Just trying to survive, if all of the settlements knew something like this existed this place would have been a city. We should get as many engineers as possible because everything is frosted over on the outside."

"One thing at a time, we don't have a way to traverse the snow yet."

"Leave that to me," she grabs her rifle and loads it with bullets. "We will map out the rest of the place-"

I stop her. "Leave that to me and Cu Chulainn."

She grips her rifle tightly. "I don't trust your new friend nearly as much as I do you, and even then, it is not by a lot."

Nathan states. "He leads us here so we can at least play by his rules until they don't push out results. Let someone we don't know to fight those monsters and you don't have to risk your people turning into more Sins."

She sets down the rifle. "Try not to send me to Heaven, these people here want to be alive, not scared to death."

I lift myself and start walking toward the doorway. "Depend on me as you did before, I won't disappoint."

I walk past the mages as I express. "Keep them save, Cu Chulainn, come with me."

"Feel free to call me Cu, Master," he suggests as he sides next to me. "Recovered?"