002

I don't remember the during but only that which came after and after that, I felt like I had the life sucked out of my being, I woke up to bright lights illuminating the room around me and with the massive construct in front of me purring as if it hasn't been running nearly as good as it is right now.

Or at least, I hoped that was the case.

"Fuck," I rip the mask from my face only to be hit by warm air. "Huh?" I take a deep breath to feel the warm air in my system.

I force myself out of the chair, and a voice starts to echo over the intercom. "System preparations completed. Full activation is in progress. Warning, sectors twelve to twenty show signs of significant damage to infrastructure, sealing off sectors to stop the risk of contamination."

"Full area scan in progress."

I narrow my eyes as I see the door leading to the reactor opening up and Suzi instantly sprints towards me.

"What did you do?" There is a hint of apprehension in her tone despite her amazement. 

"Turned it on," she pulls off her own mask as she states. "They have internal heaters in this place, the oxygen cleared up and most of the dust is also gone. The doors shut so suddenly after you told me to stand here and-"

I stop her. "I'm fine."

I wipe the spit from my mouth, I still feel like I just died.

"Are you sure?" I give her a firm nod. "Most of the area is locked down still but the voice said that the operating and control hub has been opened up for the new Director to register their biometrics."

"New?"

She nods. "The system has been offline for thirteen years."

The voice starts again. "Human signatures detected. Thirty-two.  Mana signatures detected. Nine, defenses are unresponsive."

Her eyes widen. "We... all of us were Thirty-two, right?"

I nod. "We should meet up with the rest, right now."

She helps me out of the doorway as the voice states. "Grail is active, Grand Magus, please report to the Control Hub to register as the new Director. Caution: Grail's energy spiked at two million percent, anomaly detected."

It feels like the entire facility is going to go up in flames because we kicked the bear instead of feeding it. Despite that, I can hear the groaning of the facility as everything powers up. The air has gotten so warm that I have started to sweat underneath my clothes.

"Caution: Foreign contamination detected."

She freezes in place. "Does that mean?"

I take a deep breath. "It would explain why this place is so incredibly empty, it feels like it was abandoned because it was overrun. We should-"

My focus shifts to footsteps echoing through the hallway in front of us. I steady myself to allow Suzi to be able to move freely without having to support me for whatever is coming towards us. The footsteps grow closer and closer as a pair of red eyes find mine.

She whispers to me. "What do we do?"

The person across from us lifts his gaze as if to observe us closely. He appears to have a weapon in his hands, a spear, this must be one of the magical beings that got detected by the scanner... but the real question is, why?

"Which one of you is my master?" He calls out to us. 

Suzi speaks up. "What do you mean Master?"

"I've been summoned here for a purpose to serve my Master, and I felt their presence here, now that leaves me to believe that it is one of you two." He cocks his head as he narrows his eyes. "You did summon me, did you?"

She looks at me with a whisper, "Did you do that?"

I whisper back. "I don't know what I did, I just woke up from it and-"

He is suddenly much closer to us. "Whispering in the presence of others is considered bad manners, your teacher never teach you about that?" he locks eyes with us with a smirk.

I ask him. "Who are you?"

"That is an interesting question, but does that mean you are my Master?"

I give him a firm nod despite not knowing what it means to be a Master. "I am."

He chuckles. "I have a feeling you are bluffing but somehow lying to me through your teeth is the right answer, Master," he sticks out his hand to greet me, "Lancer. Cu Chulainn."

I clench my jaw while I think this through before accepting his greeting. "(Y/N). I don't have the slightest idea what you are, who you are, or why you are even here but does it have something to do with the Grail?"

He smirks at me. "Maybe you do know more than you are letting on."

His eyes widen, and he takes a step back to ready an attack. I quickly react but before I could do anything to harm him he disappears from my vision as I hear something screech behind us. I quickly glance at the commotion to see him killing a Sin.

At his feet drops a corpse of what appeared to be a humanoid at first

At his feet drops a corpse of what appeared to be a humanoid at first. But if you look at it for longer than a second you'd see the influence of God. A human that's limbs has all been stretched out and grown rigid. Pulsating flesh with strange sharp growths near the bones that almost form scales that resemble that of soft shell crabs.

They are fast, silent, but they leave a mess wherever they go.

"Nasty situation you have here," he remarks.

I glance around as I express. "We need to leave this area, there is a group of people around this area that needs help other than me."

He glances at me. "Then let's not waste any time," he walks up to me and picks me up from Suzi leaving me both confused and bewildered.

"Uhhhh..." She looks at us.

Cu Chulainn looks at her with a raised eyebrow. "Would you rather me carry you?"

"Nope," she answers quickly as she starts walking towards the direction we were headed. "What ever happened to you?"

We start walking as I speculate. "Think the reactor drained all of the mana dry out of my circuits, it wasn't a willing transaction either so ripping it out of my body is surely going to leave me with some..."

"Ailings?" She asks.

Cu Chulainn chuckles. "You'll survive."

"Probably," I nod.

It only took from my body's circuits and not the ones behind my Mystic Eyes, the main reason why I am so 'special'. For now, I should keep it hidden because I don't really understand who this Cu Chulainn is but I suspect that I am the reason he is here in the first place.

If he is a being that is created out of mana, that would explain why my circuits are so dry it feels like it took some of my life force.

I could have died if I didn't have enough to give.