010

Standing next to the large vehicle I spot Angelica walk out from it with her Snow Pirates. She sends them off to go and do something before she meets me at the bottom of the ramp leading into the backside of the vehicle.

"It's working. We have fuel here as well."

I nod. "Is there enough space for the people in the village?"

She shakes her head. "Nope. But they have vehicles of their own and can make one in a day if they were promised a place with more heat than they've seen in a long time. I am going to fetch my people and you take some of your servants with you."

I nod. "We'll start setting up and packing up the things I need."

"Don't take too long," she pats my shoulder before walking past me and calls out with a raised tone, "Saddle up! We are going to find our brothers and the rest of you go to the outpost and lead them to this place!"

I reach into my mind.

I can see each and every one of the servants at different places in the facility all waiting for me to make my command. I look through all of them but for now, I am going to only take four of them. The rest are going to protect this place.

"Assassin. Saber. Archer. And... Jalter. The rest of you stay here and protect this place until I come back. I would be taking more of you but I need an adequate amount of you to stay here in case of another large assault."

I hear Oda's voice through the connection. "This place will be a fortress, they won't ever see the insides."

Then followed by Jeane. "Stay safe, and the rest of you, keep him safe."

Zhuo instantly remarks. "With my life, not even the cold will harm him."

I chuckle as I drop the connection. I am almost tempted to hold her to her word because the cold is something that I may be used to but after sleeping in a warm room for the first time in a long time... I might die from hypothermia.

The first to arrive is Isthar.

She smiles at me. "Yo! Thanks for taking me with you on the first expedition."

I glance at her body. "You don't feel cold, right?"

"Not at all."

I shiver at the thought of being dressed like that and being in the cold. But we need to not grab any attention either so we should maybe find a way to blend in better... I am going to have to ask that of everyone.

"Mind wearing something that won't give us away? I wouldn't want you to dematerialise the entire way there."

She pouts, cocking her head, "Yeah. Fine."

That's loads better but

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

That's loads better but... I guess we can manage. Not like I care about hiding them, it is just that it could be harder to do anything if we have so much attention on us. Though we are already going to have plenty of people looking at us when we rock up with this metallic beast.

"Thanks," She flashes a smile in response to my gratitude and walks up the ramp.

Next comes the two Alters.

I glance at the two of them as they stop right in front of me.

The problem with their attire isn't that they are barely wearing anything but rather that they are going to stand out like coal on snow. I clear my throat trying to muster the strength to deal with two headstrong servants.

"Mind wearing something that won't give us away? I wouldn't want you to dematerialise the entire way there," I repeat myself to them.

"No," Salter remarks as she walks past me.

Jalter on the other hand only smirks with amusement as the two of them walk past me and into the vehicle. I shake my head at them knowing damn well they weren't going to listen to me... but that is my fault.

I then walk towards Zhuo as she changes her course to follow me. "Where are we headed, Master?"

"Mind helping me grab some mana canisters? Need them in the case of running out of Mana with the four of you near me."

"Yes!" She sounds too eager.

At least she is the offset that listens to me. At this rate, there is no real point in convincing her to wear anything else because those two didn't listen to I should tell Ishtar she can wear whatever she wants for this operation.

We both gather one each and make our way back with it.

"Thanks for the help," I flash her an appreciative smile as we set it down in the storage compartment.

She stands next to me expectantly. I turn to her, confused about what she expects me to do. She did mention that praise is pretty high up on the things she expects from me... would this suffice?

I hesitate for a moment, I lift my hand to pat her head gently as I express again, "Good job...?"

"Thank you very much. I'm very happy...!"

I blankly stare at her for a moment before chuckling slightly, "Continue to do your best," I then walk with her to the passenger side of things to see that the Servants have all found a place for themselves to sit.

I then side next to Ishtar, "Feel free to change back, the others won't listen to me."

"Oh? But that means I am better, no?"

I chuckle. "If that's how you want to look at it," I push myself away from her and head to the front seats to see Angelica behind the wheel.

She glances at me. "Those four better be good at protecting our asses, we are going to be emitting a lot of heat and noise on the way there."

"We can handle it, just keep the top hatch open for us."

"Don't fall off," she states as she looks at one of her men. "Are we set to go?"

He nods as his gaze is locked onto a tablet in his hands. "All systems operational. We have plenty of fuel to get there and back... let's just hope that the armour holds."

"It will," I reassure him as I walk back to the rest.

I pull down the ladder leading to the hatch on top of the vehicle. I check to make sure it isn't locked while my servants gather in one row of seats and break into their own little conversations.

I shut the door at the back of the vehicle and walked back to the front to tell them that we were ready to go. The vehicle powers up with a roar and we drive through the shutter leading outside and into the snowy wasteland awaiting us.

 The vehicle powers up with a roar and we drive through the shutter leading outside and into the snowy wasteland awaiting us

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.