011

"I found the intercom system," Angelica informs. "The snow is thick like nothing has been here in years. Nothing outside just yet. I'd sit pretty for now, got nothing better to do than hope that we get there in one piece."

I glance at the rest to see Salter looking at me. "What?"

She remarks. "Sitting in here waiting for an attack is asking to be surprised. We shouldn't be reacting."

The vehicle shakes from one side to the other, throwing us side to side. I grip tightly on the chairs.

"Sin's could be sleeping. If we provoke them right now there's a good chance there is something out there that has been waiting for someone to piss it off enough to wake up. Best to react to their attacks than initiate."

Jalter chuckles. "Can't be that bad."

"You haven't faced them yet," I express. "Then again the face of what I've seen maybe they won't be a problem for any of you."

God, I hope that is the case. Well... I don't really want to be talking to him right now considering these are his sins. So let's hope that I find someone else to direct my prayers too soon enough.

"Heard from the others they were a God's creation."

I nod. "That's what all of humankind believed, yes."

She snorts. "Jeanne must be fuming at the thought that her beloved god is the one that doomed this world. Guess I won't burst into flame calling this one a fake. Though it looks like this one actually has something proving his existence."

Ishtar furrows her brow at her. "It's like the opposite of a zealot. What did God do to you?"

Salter sighs, "Don't ask her that. Nobody here has the time or the strength to understand her motives when she is just the opposite of Jeane 'de Arc and most of the arguments to her motives are to be spiteful."

Jalter gestures at her. "She gets it."

Zhuo only shoots her a confused gaze. I share the same feelings but right now I won't argue with them and just listen to learn more about the Servants I have chosen to surround myself with for the time being.

"You two have a history?" I ask Jalter and Salter.

Jalter dismissively shrugs as Salter answers me, "A rather regrettable one."

Jalter shoots her a glare. "Huh?"

"Annoying."

There is a weird exchange between the two of them but is instantly halted by a thump against the truck that makes Zhuo react almost instantly. She dashes past me and up through the hatch, there is another thump.

Salter sighs. "See?"

I gesture for them to get to work. "Let's make sure we actually get there before this is the shortest expedition in existence."

I climb up and they follow me through. Zhuo lands beside me, "A swift murder."

The snow breaches behind us with more of the same monsters that attacked the facility surfacing with the purpose of chasing after us. The vehicle rocks again but I am grabbed by the arm by Ishtar and steadied before I had a chance to topple.

"Master. It's dangerous up here."

I nod. Then I pointed my hand at my feet. "Bind," a spell to keep me rooted in place so that I can at least use my magic and help as best I can.

Besides, I need to learn more about their fighting styles.

"Zhuo."

"Understood," she leaps off the side of the vehicle and summons a horse below her as she charges the Sins that appear behind us.