Where did they go?

(Levi's perspective)

Today marks the anniversary of my favourite content creator disappearing, I was eleven when they disappeared. The night before they vanished they announced that they had some sort of exiting project coming up, that we would all hopefully love. The next morning after that he was gone, didn't show up for his live stream, didn't communicate on twitter or discord.  Fans messaged him approximately 49,683 times but still no answers, he wasn't online anywhere. We thought they might be sick and hadn't gone online to announce the cancelation of the stream, but that wasn't true. After a few days it was announced on the news that he was deemed missing with trace to where he had went. Now no one seems to remember them, their mask and funny jokes, the twitch streams and the silly videos. No one seems to recognise the name. . .my memories of them started to fade slowly a few days after they were announced, it started after a company that he had supposedly partnered with for a project had gone live from his account to say their goodbyes, the next day many were struggling to remember their name. I did some digging and found their official accounts, they had one on twitch that was live. I found it strange that a sophisticated company was streaming on twitch to millions of viewers, but when I clicked on it. . . I saw them, with a metal mask clung to their face, with wires attaching it to the back of their head, they were stuck in some sort of contraption, like an iron maiden, but just for your head People were voting for him to die from this spiked box or to live and become brainwashed for eternity. I felt sick to the stomach and wanted to scream. . .then I realised. This was his announcement. Apparently he made this interactive horror show and we could decide. It wasn't real and so I voted thinking nothing more of it. I voted for him to live. The screams felt so real and we were all applauding the acting, thinking it was truly incredible that someone could fake this. . .then I realised. This was not a recording. . .this was real. . .I had doomed my role model, my mentor, we had forced upon him eternal suffering. No one else noticed what we did to them, no one else knew. 

After that stream people's memories of them dropped like flies, no one could remember their name or their face. Their socials were wiped, as if they never existed. We had failed them, their last wish was to die, and we didn't listen

we had failed them. . .

we had failed Ranboo.