26. Love or Trouble?

Damien was shocked as he heard Emanuel's motives. He wanted to rip open his throat and suck out every ounce of blood from his body. For this time, he didn't want to care about the consequences. He felt a strong urge to kill him brutally. And thus, he acted according to his urge.

He immediately turned towards Emanuel and rushed towards him in his vampire speed, but before he could do anything, Emanuel was quick enough to stop him. "rigescunt indutae," Emanuel chanted and all of a sudden, Daimen's body froze. He couldn't move his limbs or his body. He wasn't able to move at all. "Chill, you can move your head and speak," Emanuel evilly laughed.

Daimen's POV

What's he up to? Why does he want to tame Amber? He is saying he is his future husband, then what about Brian? What about Amber and Brian and their love? What about everything we were happy about a few minutes ago. This is wrong, this is extremely wrong.

This man is wrong and I do not want him to succeed in his motives. I will do anything to stop him. But at first, I have to protect Kate and Brian. They are humans, this man can easily harm them. If he thinks Amber and I are in a relationship, then I should let him think that and not interrupt his thinking. All this shit is going to be very dangerous, I have to warn them and prepare them anyhow.

I have to do something.

POV Ends

"Do you really think that you can tame Amber?" Daimen chuckled. Emanuel glared at him and then laughed. "Of course, when I will marry her and she will be crowned as the queen, I will immediately be the king. You know, I am one of the most powerful warlocks in this world. So being her husband, it will give me strength to tame her and mend her in my ways," he proudly boasted.

"But do you know? A witch is always more powerful than a warlock. And by chance, if you marry her, her powers will be merged with your powers which will make her more powerful. As much as I know her, she isn't the one to submit under anyone if that person is wrong. So what makes you think that you can tame her? Bro!" Daimen mocked him in order to anger him and his words worked, Emanuel felt angry.

"Mind your tongue," Emanuel snapped. "Ohhh! Truth hurts Emanuel. Is it hurting you so bad?" Daimen taunted. "You know I can kill you right here," Emanuel shouted. "Yes, and then you will be banished for 3 years for killing a vampire who wasn't even attacking you. This is a vampire hunter's job as well. So there will be consequences for you as well," Daimen smirked.

"You bastard," Emanuel shouted and went near Daimen to hit him with a hard punch on his face. "I can kill you and not face consequences. I can easily kill you without using my magic," he shouted. He went near his bag and took out a wooden stake from his bag.

As soon as Daimen saw that wooden stake, fear emerged in his eyes. He knew that if he was stabbed by that stake, he will be tormented by the wood scrapes which will eventually lead him to his death. Emanuel will not face any consequences as well because he killed a vampire by a natural process not by using magic. All of this scared Daimen.

"You have invited your death. You filthy, stupid, disgusting vampire," he shouted in anger and neared Daimen. "Emanuel, put that stake aside," Daimen trembled. "Oh no, Daimen! I have made up my mind boy," he evilly smirked.

After teasing him for few seconds, Emanuel finally stood in front of Daimen and held the stake tightly. He raised the stake and was about to stab him with full force. Daimen closed his eyes in fear. Emanuel went on to stab Daimen, but the moment the stake was just a centimetre far from Daimen's chest, Emanuel's hand froze. He couldn't move it any further. He applied full force, but he was unable to do that. Emanuel moved his hand backwards and he was easily able to do that. This confused Emanuel. He tried to stab Daimen again, but his hands froze again when it was just one centimetre away from Daimen's chest. This frustrated Emanuel and he angrily glared at Daimen.

That's when the door creaked open. "Do you really think you can kill him when I am present here?" A voice echoed which made Daimen and Emanuel look in the direction of the voice. "Amber," Daimen sighed. "Don't worry Daimen. You are safe," Amber smiled as she entered the staff room.

After seeing Amber, Emanuel understood the reason behind him unable to kill Daimen in a jiffy. "So now I understood why I am unable to kill this filthy vampire. He has bowed down to you and provided you full authority over him?" Emanuel mocked. "Yes," Amber replied, "and that's why nobody can kill him around my five kilometre radius till the time I am alive."

"You fell in love with your slave?" Emanuel spoke with disgust in his eyes. "What?" Amber was shocked for a second, but then he looked at Daimen. He signalled him something which she understood. "How does it bother you?" Amber asked him. "Well, my future wife is having so low standards that she falls in love with a vampire that to her slave to which she is providing protection," he mocked.

Amber was pissed off at Emanuel's thinking. She raised her hands and all of a sudden, Emanuel was slammed against the wall. He felt a sharp pain and kept on lying there in pain. Amber then touched Daimen, so the spell on him was released this Damien could move. He within a second went near Emanuel, held his collars and dragged him in front of Amber and made him kneel down.

Amber smirked and then she put her shoes on his shoulder. "So Emanuel, first thing, just because I am giving him protection, he does not becomes my slave. He still has his own free will with him. So you are the one who has disgusting standards," she spat and Daimen smirked.

"And secondly, no matter how much you try, I am not going to marry you. In fact, I am leaving the throne, so I will not be the queen anymore. Thus, I am not bound to marry you anymore so fuck off. And if you try to harm my friends even a single bit, then trust me, you would face the worst consequences in your life," she threatened her. Emanuel was shocked as he heard this. Amber then all of a sudden moved her leg and walked out of the staff room while Daimen followed her.

As they got out of the staff room, Amber looked panicked. "Daimen, do one thing, bring Kate to my room and I will bring Brian. Kate and Brian are the most vulnerable, as they are humans. So bring them to my room, I will perform a protection spell," she ordered. "Okay," Daimen replied. "Now go," she spoke.

"Amber," Daimen called her name. Amber turned towards him. "This isn't going to be easy," he spoke. "What isn't going to be easy?" She asked. "55 years ago, I associated with one of the witches in the Gemini coven and you have no idea how wicked your coven is," Daimen sighed. Amber was confused at Daimen's words.

"What do you mean?" She asked. "Just one thing, the Gemini's can go to any extent just to confirm that their purposes are fulfilled. So just be safe," Daimen spoke. Amber slightly nodded and then walked away from there.

"You are revolting against your people for love Amber. This isn't going to be easy, nor it's going to be safe. There will be bloodshed," Daimen sighed as he walked away.

After half an hour,

Daimen, Brian and Kate were present in Amber's room and were observing her making preparations for the spell. "I cannot understand a single thing," Kate spoke. "Just you are associated with me, it puts you in danger as well, so this is being done to keep you safe," Daimen spoke. "So the prophecy which says that being involved with a supernatural will always bring trouble is true?" Kate asked.
"Were you doubtful about that?" Amber giggled. Kate glared at her and the other three burst into laughter.

Within a few minutes, Amber was done with her preparations. "Now come every one, sit inside this circle," she spoke and everyone quietly followed. After taking their seats, Amber made a small cut in her hand and put few drops of her blood in a vessel at the centre of the circle filled with red liquid.

"Now everyone, make a small cut in your hands. This ritual needs blood," she spoke, and everyone quietly followed. All of them then dropped few droplets of their blood into the same vessel.

"Now hold each other hands," Amber spoke, and everyone followed her. They held each other 's hands after which she started chanting a spell.

On the other side,

Emanuel finally somehow gained his strength and stood up. He again made a call to Clara.

"Why are you calling ten times a day Emanuel? Can't you handle things on your own?" Clara snapped as soon as she picked up the call. "Is this some kind of joke? Or are you making a fool out of me?" Emanuel groaned.
"What do you mean?" Clara asked.

"Your lovely granddaughter Amber is giving up the throne, she does not want to be the queen," Emanuel informed her.