Chapter four - broken

{ Doncaster, Harry's home, 3:40pm }

(Last time)

HARRY: "Ouch that was harsh"(fakes a tear) "But next question? And I'm serious now. I was serious in class last time, but I'm asking again."(hesitate, kinda nervous) "How did you know you were gay?"

(Louis has no idea if he is really being serious right now or if he is just trying to fool him again, Louis hesitates but then answers shyly)

LOUIS:"Uhm... I first got the idea when all my friends started to talk about how attractive girls are and how they liked their.."(blushes)"boobs, I realized that I'm not attracted to that, so I wondered, maybe I'm gay. And then I fell in love with one of my best friends, he was my first and only boyfriend."(fondly smiles)"He was my own and only, it was magical, so basically after I kissed him I was definitely sure that I was gay."

(Harry is stunned and surprised about that honest answer, he isn't sure if he should make fun of Louis or take him serious, Harry is not the one to deal good with those situations, and especially he isn't the nice one)

HARRY:(mocks Louis) "My one and only."(Laughs)"That's so pathetic, did he break up with you, because you were to ugly for him?"

(Louis is almost crying and he can't find the words, he thought Harry was being serious, it hurts when someone says he is ugly, because Louis isn't that self confident and to hear that from Harry is like breaking his last tiny bit of self confidence)

LOUIS:"I'm going now" (tries not to cry)"or maybe I will talk a bit with your mother."

HARRY:"Do what you want. I don't care."

(Louis leaves the room and goes down to Anne, she is waiting in front of the television, because she heard everything, she sees Louis and immediately hugs him)

ANNE:"He doesn't mean it like that, baby. He is just" (thinks) "I don't know what he is. I'm so sorry."

LOUIS:"It's not your fault, I know I'm pathetic and ugly, he just told the truth and I'm to weak to deal with that."

ANNE:"You are not ugly, maybe he needs glasses or he is just a stupid prick."

LOUIS:(laughs silently) "He is your son. But thanks for cheering me up."

ANNE:(softly squeezes his hands) "You would be a better son, love."

(One can hear a door slamming and Anne looks worried at Louis)

LOUIS:"You think he heard us?"

ANNE:"He definitely did. I think I have to talk to him, maybe I can call you later?!"

LOUIS:"Sure." (Hugs her) "Good luck with Harry."

ANNE:"I will need that."

{Doncaster, Louis home, 4:10pm}

LOUIS:(shouting) "I'm back."

(No one answers, Louis looks in the Kitchen and then in the living room, where he finds the twins and Jay cuddled up on the couch enjoying a movie)

JAY:(points to the twins)"You have to be quite, they are sleeping."

LOUIS:(nods and whispers) "I will go to my room then or do you need me here?"

JAY:"Let's talk later, I want to hear how the project with the 'jerk'" (makes air quotes)"was."

(Louis is not in the mood to talk about that so he just goes to his room, throwing himself on his bed and burying his head in the pillow.)