2. Tomorrow

Reid's pov:

There were two things I hated.

One was when the house was silent. A silent house always meant that my brother Ronan was in the garage working on fixing up his bike.

The second thing was that stupid bike he spent all his time working on.

Ronan had been into motorcycles for as long as I could remember. He got his first bike when he turned 20 and drove it around constantly. That was until he crashed. He recovered as much as he could but he's not as mobile as he once was.

So yeah I hated that stupid bike. I hated every inch of it and I hated the fact that he was fixing it up.

"You want to order a pizza? I'm fucking starving." Ronan walked in from the garage his cane clicking against the floor with each step.

"Yeah that's fine, we ate the last of Tiff's leftovers last night." I nodded.

I watched his face twist at the mention of his ex girlfriends name. Tiffany and him dated for ten years before they broke up a few years back. They still didn't really talk at all but Tiffany still dropped off food for us and tried to spend as much time with me as she could. The both of them had stepped in to raise me when I was eleven and my dad went to jail. That sort of bond wasn't broken by a break up, Tiffany was my family regardless of her situation with Ronan.

"I'm getting pepperoni, if you don't want that then order your own pizza." Ronan said and then turned to grab his phone to call in the order.

There was no argument there. No negotiations, I had gotten used to it. Ronan had a thick wall around himself and he'd opened it up when Tiffany was around but then she wasn't and it was like the life was sucked out of him. I'd come home one night to see Tiffany crying on the front steps and then nothing was ever the same again. Ronan had retreated back into himself and iced everyone out. He spent most of his time in the garage working on his bike. And if he wasn't doing that he was at work or going to one of his various therapy appointments.

It hadn't been just his relationship with Tiff that he'd ruined. Whatever relationship we had changed too. It was strained and there was this constant feeling of anger that I couldn't get rid of no matter how much I tried.

"I think I'm going to go to Connor's, did you decide if you're going to go to his graduation party yet?" I called out to him.

I needed a break from this house. I needed to get out of here before dinner came and I sat there in silence wondering how it all went to shit so fast.

"Tiffany wants to go." Ronan grumbled out like that was an answer.

"I'm guessing that's a no?"

"I'm picking up an extra shift at work."

And that was that. I didn't know why I'd bothered asking because I knew he wouldn't go. Tiffany had already said she was going so I knew that meant Ronan wouldn't. Tiff didn't have a problem being around Ronan she asked about him a lot but Ronan refused to be around when she was going to be around and never dared to ask about how she was doing.

It was just another thing I let myself be angry at him for.

"I'll be back later." I told him and then slipped out of the house.

I hated myself for leaving for not being able to make things good between us. Ronan had given up a lot to take me in when I was eleven, he'd put everything else aside to raise me. I should be in that house instead of leaving him to have another dinner alone. But I also hated him for breaking up with Tiffany and making one more person leave.