8. Sibling bonding

"You're being fucking weird." Jake said turning away from the screen to look at me.

"No I'm not." I denied.

To be fair I was being weird. I couldn't stop my brain from spinning out. The kiss with Reid was on repeat in my head and I needed to figure out what it meant. For most things I'd go to Jake for advice but I hadn't actually gotten myself to ask for it yet.

"Then stop looking at me like that and just watch the movie like a normal person."

"You're so grouchy when Evan isn't around." I replied knowing that it would press some of my best friends buttons.

Annoying Jake was a favorite pass time of mine.

"Don't make me kick you out." Jake threatened.

I knew he wouldn't so I didn't even blink at his words. Jake was probably the only one that would put up with my shit.

"And make me go back to my quiet house where I'll be so lonely?" I fake pouted.

I knew that was a soft spot for him. Jake grew up with a loud loving family. While my family was loving it only consisted of me and my dad. My dad who worked nights and slept through the day. It was very lonely growing up but Jakes family took me in and filled most of that loneliness.

"Stop trying to distract me with your sob story." Jake shoved at my shoulder lightly.

"But it works so well," I laughed.

"Yeah only because you're always looking at me like a sad little pathetic baby." He just rolled his eyes at me.

"I'll show you fucking pathetic." I said lungeing towards my best friend going for the tackle.

Jake didn't even blink at the movement he just shoved me hard away from him. The second he made contact with me it turned into how I expected it would. I retaliated throwing my arms out trying to shove him back.

It was a back and forth that happened quite frequently between us. We acted like annoying siblings most of the time.

"Ow you fucking dick." I yelled out when Jakes foot kicked into my side sending me falling back onto the bed.

"I barely touched you."

"Tell that to the bruise forming on my ribs." I argued.

"Well none of this would have happened if you hadn't been acting like a total freak." Jake shot back.

I laid out on the bed staring at the ceiling. It was nice just hanging out with Jake. It got my mind off all this stuff with the kiss for a little. But now it was all back spiraling in my brain and I was done with it.

"I kissed someone." I blurted out.

"Was it a good kiss?" He questioned.

While the kiss had me feeling all types of things there was one thing I couldn't deny. It had been a good kiss. I liked kissing Reid. It was simple but nice. There was a type of closeness I felt when our lips touched that I wanted to feel again.

"Yeah it was good." I nodded.

"Are you planning on kissing them again?" He asked.

I didn't know if I had the answer to that. Reid had given me his number but I hadn't decided if I was actually going to use it. I didn't even know what I'd say if I were to reach out.

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"If you liked the kiss I think you should go for it. When was the last time you were actually interested in anyone?" My best friend advised.