23. Fight a mountian lion

Reid POV:

I hated to think of Adam as a distraction but right now it was exactly the distraction I needed. My life was a mess but being with Adam felt like an escape. He made me laugh and smile and got me out of my head when I needed it the most. I was excited when he had invited me over this weekend to just hang out.

I liked the date we went on but just being casual and watching a movie while we ate snacks and talked through most of it. Yeah, that was my perfect day.

I didn't need anything more than this. I happily accepted the light brushes of our arms as we moved. I only needed the view of Adam's smile and the sound of his laugh to make it all worth it.

"This is so fucking stupid." Adam laughed at the screen again.

When I'd gotten here it had felt impossible to actually make the decision on what movie to put on so Adam finally just clicked on a random one. So far it was probably one of the worst movies I'd seen in awhile.

But despite the slight torture I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

"You're the one that picked it." I reminded him.

"This is why I don't watch movies, how does this shit even get made? Who is spending their money to make this shit?" Adam gestured to the screen where there was another fight scene breaking out which only had me rolling me eyes again.

"You don't watch movies?" I just blinked at him.

Sometimes I forgot that some people didn't spend as much time as I did watching tv and movies. I had found quite a lot of time lately to just get sucked into watching shows.

"No." He just shook his head.

"Then what do you watch?"

I knew he had to watch something considering I was staring at the tv currently set up in his room.

"Football."

I almost laughed because of course that's all Adam watched. I really should have expected that. But that didn't mean I wasn't already scheming on how to change that.

"Give me the remote." I reached over ready to snatch it from where it sat at his side.

Adam wordlessly handed it over, not even questioning me. I didn't claim to have good taste in tv shows but I did know what was entertaining and mildly addicting.

I exited out of the movie and easily found what I was looking for. The second the show started Adam just turned and raised his eyebrows at me.

"It's good trust me. Ten people and they have to try to survive in the middle of nowhere all alone, hence why it's called alone." I explained.

"So it's reality tv." He just blinked.

"Well sort of but it's the good kind."

Connor was a total reality tv addict. I didn't know how he could watch all of it. Some of it was so filled with unnecessary drama that I couldn't even find it entertaining because it felt too fake. But Alone and really any survival show was my addiction.

"Is there a good kind of reality tv?"

"If you ask Connor all of it is the good kind." I joked.

"Well no one has ever said Connor has good taste." Adam teased right back.

"Jetson might argue that statement."

It felt nice to sit and not really talk about anything. With everything going on with Ronan it felt nice to just get out of my head and not talk about it. I knew if I even tried to think about my brother I'd get sucked down into a spiral I didn't think I'd escape from.

"What the fuck is this guy doing?" Adam asked staring at the screen.

I glanced up and couldn't help but chuckle at the horror on Adam's face. The guy on the screen was currently charging at a mountain lion.

"I think it's called hunting."

"That's not hunting, that's suicide. He does realize that's a mountain lion right?"

"Yeah I like to think I could do this." I gestured to the screen.

"Fight a mountain lion?" Adam looked at me like I was completely insane.

"No." I laughed shaking my head. "Just the surviving in the middle of nowhere part."

"Yeah where you apparently have to fight mountain lions." He muttered.

"He didn't actually fight the mountain lions, it ran off."

"Yeah he's lucky it didn't tear him into shreds. There's no way you're surviving in the middle of nowhere without years of experience."

"I've watched eight seasons of Alone and just about every other survival show. I got all that knowledge right here." I tapped the side of my head.

"That's called being delusional." Adam rolled his eyes.

"There's a survival instinct in us all and if it was life or death I think you'd be surprised just what someone is capable of."

"I know what I'm capable of and I'd be dead pretty fast."

"Watch a few seasons and you might change your mind."

And that's what we did. We talked throughout the episode but unlike the movie we actually sat and watched. I felt a warm feeling in my chest as Adam kept his attention on the screen totally into the show. And when the episode ended it wasn't even a question as I clicked on the next one.

I liked these quiet peaceful moments. These lazy afternoons, I was already allowing myself to picture it. Many and many more days sat next to Adam just like this. Getting to see him relaxed and that smile carefully spreading across his face. This was the Adam I wanted to see, this was the one I found it really hard not to lean over and kiss.

I let my gaze slide over to Adam again letting those thoughts and desires swim through my head. He was locked into the screen watching with his whole attention. I wasn't going to break that so I just let a smile spread across my face as I turned back to the screen getting lost in the show again.

I'd have time to kiss him later.

A/n:

I went on a writing spree this week. I'm just feeling very motivated to make progress and write these lovely boys. I do have a question for you all. There will be at least two chapters written from Tiffany or Ronans pov. One is already decided as a bonus chapter but the other one takes place during the timeline of this story. I'm trying to decide if it would be better to also be a bonus chapter or if you guys would want it as an actual chapter in this book. I don't want to just throw an outside pov into the middle of this book out of nowhere so I'm trying to decide what I want to do with it.

Anyways thank you all for the support and love when it comes to this story! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

-Cora Leigh