Twenty Eight [I love you Bella ]

Ella

I am wide awake, it’s two in the morning and I am staying at Vincenzo’s penthouse nowadays. I am wearing his ring on my finger and sometimes it feel great to have him around. There has been some days where I forgot the reason why I am with Vincenzo. He makes me feel good and happy. Being around him is awesome but sometimes he just start acting cold. I can’t understand him. He doesn’t touch me or force me to have sex with him. He isn’t sexually drawn to me and that makes me feel like he doesn’t love me; maybe he is just pretending.

But why would he pretend to love me? He can just ditch me-like who cares?

I flinch when I hear some noises coming from downstairs, I know it must be Vincenzo. He returns at home around these time every day. I rush downstairs and I spot him leaning on the couch. He is wearing a black jacket and jeans. His face is facing the floor and his hair is drench and it’s hovering on his forehead. He is grunting in pain.

Approaching close to him I call out, “Vincenzo?” I can’t see his face. My heart is pounding as he is acting weird and he isn’t moving from the place he is standing, half on his body is weighing on the sofa and he is still standing next to it.

He lifts his face a little and glares at me. I shriek when I see blood on his face. He has been bruised up. I swiftly approach to him and hold him, he shifts his weight on me.

“What have you done to yourself?” I whisper to him then I make him sit on the couch. He fell on the couch and my shirt becomes wet, when I look down I see blood on my white shirt. I gulp down nervously and I start panicking. He has been severely wounded. He is wearing black clothes that’s why I haven’t seen the blood on him.

“Remove your jacket.” I order and he gazes at me while shaking his head. “Leave from here. You get sick with blood.” He murmurs and his eyes shuts as he rests his head back.

“I can’t leave you like this! You are dying.” I add and take hold of his jacket and help him taking it off. Then I remove the shirt he was wearing beneath. “OMG!” Blood is oozing from his ribs and there’s a hole which must’ve been caused by a bullet.

“What is this?” I utter as I press the wound with his shirt to stop the blood from flowing out.

“I’ve removed the bullet. Bring the first aid-I will stitch it.” He says through pain.

“You should go at the hospital or seek a medical help.” I tell him. “Where is the first aid?” I start to panic.

“I can’t go to the hospital.” He is breathing heavily, “We don’t go to the hospital all the times otherwise we’ll have to explain how we’ve been shot which is unexplainable.” He smirks, “otherwise they’ll file a case and I will be exposed for being slaughtering people.” He points his head toward the kitchen, “Third drawer. Bring the first aid.” He says and I rush to the kitchen.

I kneel in front of him and open the box. “Take out the needle and the thread.” He says and I take it out. “Now attach them together.” He orders and I do as he says. “Dump the cotton in the liquid and clean the wound.” He says. Taking a huge piece of cotton, I plunge it in the antiseptic wound cleaner bottle then places it in his wound. He lets out a loud groan which scared me but I continue cleaning his wound.