Interlude - Gabiru's fight

Gabiru readied his spear, cheered on by his subordinates boosting his ego.
His opponent stood a few metres away, not appearing to be preparing at all, sword sheathed.
„I, the great Gabiru, will show I'm capable of fighting that Rimuru Person! I bet he send his strongest subordinate to fight me, but I will beat him!"
„You are wrong, I am by far not his strongest subordinate, I'm a lowly demon who is not old yet and nothing against his master's power, and even she decided to follow Lord Rimuru. I will show you how weak you are, Gabiru, for you've insulted Lord Rimuru!"

After that the battle began, Gabiru relentlessly attacking but not a single one of his attacks hit their mark, as his opponent dodged them all without even drawing his sword.

Eventually, after hours of relentlessly attacking, Gabiru felt tired and was unable to keep doing, collapsing on the ground.
„You didn't even draw your sword and still beat me? I must admit you're quite impressive. You said you were weak, but you're not in the least, so why did you lie to me, demon?"
„I am but a weakling among those serving lord Rimuru, nothing close to real power, even after I was named Agera. Get up, for we are not finished!"
„What?! I admit defeat, I couldn't even touch you, much less defeat you! So why continue?"
„You have insulted lord Rimuru, and I haven't even had to draw my sword to clear his name. Your whole challenge was a disgrace to your name and people."

Gabiru's crushing defeat did what Rimuru expected it to do, crush Gabiru's pride in his name and abilities.