Monsters Of The Maze:

~Zoe~

~Zoe~

By the end of the week my homestead was indeed complete and ready for me to move in. I was so relieved. Sleeping in a space with 27 boys, most taller and larger than me, made me a little bit uncomfortable. With my loyal bodyguard, I mean my friend Newt, by my side I didn't have any problems. I didn't understand why Newt chose to shadow me. I was a perfectly capable woman who could take care of herself. I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. Daniel also seemed to like to keep an eye on me. He invited me to do things with him quite often. He introduced me to most of the other guys and made me feel welcome. I spent quite a bit of my little free time with him, Gally, and the other builders. There was something about him that reminded me of myself. Maybe it was the fact that we had the same personality. The boy was literally the male version of me. Daniel even had the same thick reddish brown hair and brown eyes.

                Daniel walked behind me with his hands over my eyes.

"Almost there," Alby said.

"You guys really didn't need to go to so much trouble," I said.

Daniel replied, "Well, figuring since you're the only girl you deserve a little special treatment."

I smiled.

"She's here!" I heard Newt's voice. 

Daniel removed his hands from in front of my eyes. A hut sat in a clearing. It was made out of logs and split wood like the others. A rusty red cloth served as a door.

"It's perfect!" I said excitedly and hugged daniel. He hugged me back.

~Newt~

I stared at my feet as she hugged Daniel excitedly.

~Zoe~

Alby pointed towards the thin treeline, "I figured back here was private enough but close enough to the homestead just in case."

Daniel walked over and brushed aside the curtain. Alby, Newt, Daniel, and I walked in. My hut was larger than I expected. There was a bed with my blankets, a table with two stools, and a shelf.

"Thanks guys it's perfect!" I felt a smile creep up.

Daniel pulled something out of his pocket and dropped it into my hand. I looked at it. It was a carving of a crescent moon.

"The moon the night you came up," He blushed. "I know it's probably silly but I didn't exactly have a housewarming gift."

I hugged him, "Thank you. I love it."

Newt cleared his throat, "I'm going to go check on the slicers. Surely Winston has lost a hand by now."

Daniel and I broke our hug and laughed. Newt walked out, letting the curtain fall closed behind him.