Ben:

Chapter brought to you by Spider-man: 2.  (Tobey Maguire)

Yes haha, I'm also a HUGE spider-man fan. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Zoe~

Thomas, Newt, and I were in the gardens the next morning. I had come to get some lavender for a cream I was making to help with Daniel's sore shoulders.

"Has anyone tried climbing to the top?" Newbie asked.

"Tried it. The ivy doesn't go all the way to the top," Newt replied. "Besides, where are you gonna go from there?"

"What about the box?"

"Already tried it," I said. "Won't go back down with someone in it."

"Oh well what about."

Newt interrupted, "We've tried it. Twice. Trust me, anything you can think of we have already tried. The only way out of here is through the maze." Thomas nodded, still eyeing the walls.

"No look. You want to be helpful?" Newt tossed him a bucket. "Go dig us up some more of the fertilizer."

I stood up and hugged Newt. He hugged me back, rubbing my back.

"Something tells me he's going to stir up a few things," I said. "Gut feeling."

Newt's eyes trailed after Thomas as he walked into the woods, "I think you may be right."

I kissed his cheek, grabbed my bowl of lavender sprigs, and walked back to the med-hut.

I finished the mix and took it to my brother. Just as I was applying it to his back we heard screams.

"HEY! HELP!" Someone yelled. Daniel I turned around saw Thomas streaking from the forest with Ben on his heels.

"What the heck?" My brother asked before he ran towards the commotion. All the boys were running for Thomas who was no pinned to the ground by Ben.

        Newt ran up just as I got there and knocked Ben off with a shovel. My eyes widened when I saw black spit dribbling out of Ben's mouth. My husband, Frypan, and Gally held ben down.

"Calm down Ben," Gally grunted as he struggled to hold the boys legs down.

"What on earth happened?" Questioned Frypan.

Thomas replied, "he just attacked me!"

Alby walked into the circle.

"No. No," Ben huffed.

All I could do was stare.

"Lift his shirt," Alby commanded.

Newt pulled Ben's shirt up. I covered my mouth with my hands. A puncture wound showed on Ben's pale skin. Veins in shades of black, green, and purple spread from it like a web. I gagged.

"He's been stung," Gally said.

Been what?

Ben was dragged screaming and flailing to the pits. My followed him as he was escorted by three gladers.

"Zoe!" He screamed as the boys pulled him forward. "Don't' let them do this! I'm sorry. I didn't mean it!"

I was turned around and pulled into someone's arms. Newt held me as I shook.

"Hey," He whispered. "It's not your fault." I nodded.

"There's nothing you can do okay?"

I nodded once more.