One Of Them:

Chapter brought to you by Spider-man: Across The Spider-verse for the second time. 

-E

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Zoe~

Thomas was injected with the serum sent up with Teresa. The med-hut had been burned so we kept Thomas in the pit while we waited for him to wake up. We spent the two days Thomas was asleep trying to clean up the glade as much as we could. The eating hut was still standing. Only one corner of the structure was slight burned. The meeting hall had been demolished along with our storage shed. Molly and I got out as many of the supplies as we could. Newt and I's hut still stood in the clearing beside Molly's. Our section of the forest was perfectly fine. The boys sleeping quarters had been burned to the ground. Thankfully we had enough bedding in the supply shed to make more beds for the remaining boys. Daniel moved in with Newt and I. It was a little cramped but in all honesty I was planning on asking Danny to move in anyways. I wanted my family all in one place so I could make sure they were okay. I sill hadn't told Newt about the baby. He was so stressed and everyone was grieving. Now was not the time.

I scrubbed out some of the dusty ash from the blanket. I dipped it in the tub of clean water and threw it over the vine. I looked over just in time to see Teresa struggling with a sweater. I took it from her, "here. Let me."

I turned it right-side out and put it over the vine.

"Thanks," She said.

"You're welcome. Takes some practice. I've been doing this for weeks," I knelt down took another smoky blanket out of the dirty clothes crate.

"What are you like the glade wife or something?"

"No," Newt's voice answer behind me. "Just mine."

"Hey babe," I stood up and kissed him.

"Just came to see how you're doing," He smiled. "And to get away from Gally."

"Still going off about Thomas?"

"He's trying everyone not in our friend group convinced Thomas is here to destroy us all," Newt rolled his eyes.

           I turned away from Teresa and walked over to the other clothes line. Newt followed me. I put the blanket over the vine, "I think we need to have a meeting. Just us, and the others about Thomas."

Newt nodded, "Tonight."

         I instructed Teresa on how to finish washing the dirty bedding. She wasn't enthusiastic about it but I'd gotten used to her pessimistic attitude. Newt and I walked through the forest to the barn to avoid Gally.

"Winston?" I asked as we walked into the barn. Winston knelt on the ground milking the cow.

"Hey guys," He nudged the bucket aside and stood up.

"Hey Winston," Newt replied. "We've gotta talk."

"What's up man?"

I checked to make sure we were the only ones in the barn, "Meet at our hut tonight. Midnight. Bring Chuck, Minho, and Fry. Just them."

Winston caught my drift, "You got it. It's time?"

Newt and I nodded.

That night everyone went to bed as usual. We'd told the others about our plan and how they were supposed to wait for Winston's signal. As long as Gally and his henchmen were asleep it should work. The odds were in our favor.

Newt gently shook me awake, "Zoe, it's time."

              Sure enough the moon was directly overhead. Danny pushed aside the curtain over our window so the moonlight lit up the cabin. Molly was the first to arrive. I saw her shadow run from her cabin next to ours.