-/~A Letter from the Author~/-

About a month ago a friend of mine and I were talking about books. She told me about this series called The Maze Runner. And at first I didn't pay to much mind to it. Then she watched the movies and made an awesome edit about a group of boys running through a maze. That's where my journey began. 

I found the Maze Runner dvd on a movie rack in a grocery store. I didn't get it. Went back a week later, it was still there. So I got it. No regrets. I watched it expecting to fall in love with Thomas (Who was the only character I knew about at this time.) But, when a lanky, blonde-haired, boy with a british accent and a limp appeared on screen I automatically knew who my favorite was. Newt ofc. 

This story began as a note draft on my phone that I made on my 15 minute morning break at work. It had about zero plot and the cliche "Girl comes up in box" script like every tmr fic does. And I kept the cliche. But I am/was determined to make it my own and make my story stand out. And I think it has.

 I don't like to be prideful but I do build my account on having "Stories of quality" with smut free, 14-18 friendly content, and zero cussing whatsoever. (Because younger me was exposed to that stuff  too early and I want everyone to be able to read a book without feeling uncomfortable for any reason ect.)

I've been writing since middle school, so quite a while now. My introduction to the fanfiction world was divergent fics and then i got into Lord of the rings (Which is still my main fandom) and i started writing stories based in Middle-Earth. I am a seasoned fanfic consumer lol. 

 I created a very unique OC who I am happy to see you guys relate to. She is modeled a lot after myself and some friends. I gave her a unique background that is still very much unfolding at the moment in our story. 

At the beginning I was hesitant to publish this fic because i did not think anyone would read it. My first four chapter sat unread for three days. It was kind of discouraging but i kept telling myself why i was writing it: "So you can do something you enjoy."

And then the comments started coming. (Thank you to the person! You know who you are! ) I realized that this fandom was still very much alive and I wasn't going to have to perform CPR on it. 

And with that comes my announcement. I will be continuing after this fic! The Zoe x Newt plot line will continue through the Scorch trials and The Death cure! Ngl, It's a bit overwhelming, thinking about writing three fics, but I think I can do. Heck I wrote a Lord of the rings follow along. (That was INTENSE. My fellow lotr fans know what I'm talking about) I am so excited to see where this story goes... :)

So from the bottom of my heart, Thank you! Every read, vote, and comment means the entire world to me. Love you all so much!

Now, let us get back to our story :)

~*~*~*~*~*

Reminder that I am on mulitple social media platforms! Check my bio for my instagram and Youtube! 

I am also on pinterest: @thatelfchick1  where I post edits from my instagram :)