W.C.K.D Is Good:

Okay y'all, I went all fanfic with this chapter.

I'm starting drafts for our scorch trials fic!  I'm fangirling a little too hard over some parts lol. 

More details soon!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

A door clicked open behind us. Thomas went first and pushed it open. Once we emerged into a lit tunnel I saw Daniel and Newt standing behind me. I hugged them both, "Oh thank goodness."

"I'm fine, I'm okay," Newt assured me as I checked him over.

Daniel smiled and hugged me. I hugged him back before performing a brief head-to-toe check on him. The tunnel was lit up by bar lights on the walls. Pipes ran the full length of each wall. We walked through carefully, prepared in case anything jumped out at us.

"What is this place?" Molly asked.

Thomas opened a door. What we saw made me freeze.

Bodies littered the floor of the room, an alarm was blaring, and lights flashed. Newt kept his hands on my shoulder as we walked through. Sparks rained from the ceiling in one corner of the lab. Screens filled every wall.

"So they were watching us," Newt said. I saw the monitors he was talking about.

Everyone walked around and looked at everything. I couldn't get my eyes off the bodies.

Daniel stood in front of a screen, "Zoe."

I walked over and saw what he was looking at. It was us. Well, pictures of us. The screen had two pictures of my twin and I next to each other. Underneath was a bunch of information. Newt looked over my shoulder as I read it. We were in fact twins. We were subjects A16 and A19. Our last name was Hannover. Daniel and I were both 17 years old, born in some place called Manitoba located in Canada. My status was married. Daniel's was blank. Newt found his own profile on the screen beside the one my twin and I looked at it. His was mostly blank.  He was 17, same as me. His status was also married, no birthplace recorded. Newt's last name was there though. Which meant my new last name was Sangster.

Newt kissed me, "Mrs. Sangster."

"Mr. Sangster," I kissed him back.

(Okay we're never given Newt's last name so I just stole Thomas Brodie-Sangsters lol) 

All of a sudden a woman's voice filled the room.

We all whipped around to see her on a large screen.

"Hello. I'm Dr. Ava Paige. I'm director of operations here at the World Catastrophe Killzone Department. If you're watching this it means that you have successfully completed the Maze Trials."

We all stepped closer to hear what she was saying. I shivered.

"I wish I could be there in person to congratulate you but circumstances seem to have prevented it. I'm sure by now you all must be very confused. Angry, frightened? I can only assure you that Everything that has happened to you, everything we have done to you, it was all done for a reason. You won't remember but the sun has scorched our world."

The screen changed to show images of what she said. The sun and a dry place burnt.

"Billions of lives lost to fire."

The screen showed cities being burned to the ground. I looked away when the screen displayed burnt bodies. Newt entwined his fingers with mine.

"What came after was worse. We called it the flare."