An Unusual Family:

Okay y'all. I really went fanfiction with this. Sue me haha. I love how I wrote this and I will not be apologizing :) 

Prepare for friend fluff. And more fluff....I was totally not fangirling over this chapter-

Chapter unofficially sponsored by reading The Fever Code by James Dashner. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Zoe~

Molly crossed another thing off the list we had scribbled out on a piece of paper, "Okay. I think we're all set."

"Finally," Minho groaned. "I don't know how much wedding business I can take."

Newt slapped him, "You're just jealous."

"Nope," Minho replied and drank his jar of Gally's mix.

Molly looked slightly disappointed.

"Alright," I said. "Alby's our witness, frypan is making roast beef, we're having it in the clearing in the meeting hut, Winston, Zart, and Minho are standing with Newt."

My brother smiled.

"And Daniel is giving me away."

Daniel put his arm around my shoulders, "I would be honored."

"I figured since Daddy can't," My voice quieted.

Newt squeezed my hand.

"I really wish we had a dress for you," Molly grumbled. "Half the fun of a wedding is the dress shopping."

"Well I don't really need one besides, You only wear your wedding dress once. Big waste if you ask me," I shrugged. 

"Maybe something will come up in the box?" She suggested. "Surely the creators have heard all our chatter."

"Probably not," Newt said. "We don't get another box visit for another 7 days."

"Sorry Mo," I frowned.

"It's fine," She replied and crossed out something on her list. "I can't believe it's been nearly a month."

Minho put his cup down, "Yeah crazy. Time flies when you're trying not to die."

Laughter rippled around Molly's hut.

            Molly glanced around the room at all of us, "I never thanked you guys for taking me in. I don't know how I would have survived without you all."

Minho put his hand on her shoulder and smiled at her, "We're a family now. A very unusual one at that."

"My sister," I put my arm around her and leaned my head on hers.

" I propose that even when we're all out of this hell-hole we keep this gang together," Winston said.

"Oh for sure," Molly replied with enthusiasm. 

"Actually Zoe and I have talked a lot about that," Newt stated matter-of-factly. "If we ever get out of this place I think we should all just start over somewhere new. On our own. A safe haven just for us. Somewhere only we know."

"I like the sound of that," Daniel replied fondly. "Somewhere we can survive without walls or a box determining our fates."

Minho spoke after a few moments of silence. "That's why I run every dang day. I just keep thinking about the day I find that door and we get the heck out of this prison."

"Do you think our families are still out there?" Molly asked. "Like, alive?"

"I don't know. If they are, we won't remember who they are. Stupid creators took care of that," replied Minho. "Gosh, I wish I knew where my parents are. Do they miss me? Am I more like my father or my mother? What are they like? Were they good people? Those are the questions that replay over and over in my mind."