Tensions Arise:

~Molly~

Minho, Thomas, and I stood outside the closed doors waiting for them to open. Just as the first glow of the sun appeared over the walls the rumbling began.

"I didn't know girls could be runners," Thomas said.

Minho looked over at the newbie. I put my hands on my hips, "And why not? I'm just as fast as Minho." 

Thomas held up his hands, "I didn't mean you were weak. Just seems like a tough job."

"Well I happen to like my job," I said as I stretched my legs.

Minho dashed into the maze, "Let's go!"

"Better start running!" I called to Thomas over my shoulder. He took off after me.

              Minho ran through the corridors of the maze with me on his heels followed by the greenie. He called out our directions as we turned corners.

"Little farther to the inner ring!" He yelled back to us. "Let's go!"

Thomas was doing really well. Minho stopped running for a minute outside the gates of section 7.

"That's weird," I said.

"What? Thomas asked.

"Section 7 isn't supposed to be open for another week," Minho replied. We walked down a shorter passage to the blades.

"The heck is this place?" Thomas quizzed.

"We call them the blades."

I looked up at the sky. The sun was just above the walls. Minho held my hand as we walked past the thinner walls.

               We ran down a row and saw something that made my heart sink. A pile of bloody clothes.

"It's Ben's isn't it?" Thomas asked as minho lifted the once white shirt. I clamped my hands over my mouth and shuffled back.

"Yeah, A griever must have pulled him down here," Minho replied. I heard a soft noise coming from Minho's backpack. I unzipped the pouch and pulled out the cylinder he'd found. The item in my hand hummed with a computerized clicking.

"Hey listen," I said and passed it to Thomas. He turned one way with his eyes fixed on the thing. Thomas walked a few steps in the opposite direction. The clicking became more constant.

"I think it's showing us the way," He said.

Minho and I walked swiftly after Thomas as he followed the clicks. Thomas would pause every fo often, find the direction that made the clicks stronger, and beckoned us after him. The three of us came to a darker passageway I'd never seen before. The clicking was repetitive.

"What is this place?" I asked as we walked in. Minho grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him. I held his hand as we observed the place around us. The path was a few meters wide with dark gorges on both sides.

"Minho you ever seen this place before?" Thomas asked.

"No," Minho replied, looking around in awe. It was massive.

The clicking intensified as we approached the grooved wall at the end.

"Its just another dead end," Minho said. He was wrong. The blinker on the cylinder and the number 7 turned green. A loud clunk echoed around us as a door opened. The first door opened, followed by some other behind it.

"What the shuck," I whispered as I stared into the next passageway. A circular door was cut into the far wall.

"You sure about this?" Minho asked, pushing me behind him a little.