ɪ. 𝘪 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘥

tw - underage drinking and smoking, physical fighting

these bonfires aren't all that.

I only come here to get high and forget about home.

THE DARK PASTE WAS plastered all over Joanna's hands and arms, she smiled at the different designs that painted her body

It was finally starting to feel like summer. The henna was inking her skin and the sun was tanning her body, it was all falling into place and all the Fishers needed was one thing.

The Conklins.

Every summer the Conklins and Fishers made their way to Cousins and spent the three months together with the beach, the sun, bonfires, and parties.

The henna hardened against Joanna's skin, she began to slowly pick it off and a dark brown stain was left on her pale skin.

She grabbed her tote bag, opening a small mint case to reveal pre-rolled joints and a lighter waiting. She took one and lit it, bringing it to her lips and inhaling, holding it for a few seconds, then removing the rolled paper and breathing out smoke.

The sun in front of her burned her eyes, she lifted her free hand and covered her hazel eyes with her black, square-shaped sunglasses which matched the black bikini top and dark blue shorts she wore.

Music came from her speaker which sat behind her, the low sound of Softly by Clario coming from it. She hummed along with the song as she made smoke rings with the blunt.

"Jo?" Joanna recognized the voice that came from her twin, Jeremiah. She turned to him, blowing a smoke ring toward his body. "They're gonna be here soon." He reminded, taking a seat on the blanket next to the girl.

Jo nodded, "I know. Want some?" She inched the blunt towards Jere. "It's not fully weed, they're lavender in there." She told him.

He sighed and took the roll, taking a hit of it. He then looked down at his sister's henna, reaching over and picking a piece of it off. "Can you do mine once they get here?" He asked, "my arms are looking a little bare."