ɪᴠ. 𝘣𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘺

tw - panic attack

This is my girlfriend, and she's correct

The house is not for sale.

THE BEACH WAS DARK as she and Steven stumbled onto the sand together, following after her brother

They were stood feet away from Conrad who was closer to the ocean than them.

Salty air blew Joanna's hair back and the sand that was on her shoes made her feel heavier. She looked over at her brother, hearing his panicked wheezing.

"Conrad?" Steven asked. "Conrad, man, what's going on?" He yelled.

Jo took a step closer with Steven as Conrad gasped by the water, hunched over himself with his hands on his knees, trying to catch his breath.

"Hey, what happened, Connie?" Jo yelled, trying to have a soft voice while doing so.

"Panic attack." Conrad said, voice squeaky, "I'm fine, I'll be fine." He dismissed the two.

The blonde girl shook her head when hearing her brother's voice. "Hey, Con, I don't wanna leave you out here like this."

"I just give me a second." He told the girl as the water washed over his shoes.

"Is there anything we can do?" Steven called.

"I don't know, man. Just talk, okay?" Conrad yelled back, voice straining, "just talk about anything."

Steven nodded, confused, but nonetheless continued. "Uh, uh, the beach." He stated. "You know, the first time you guys bought me here to surf, man, I was so freaked out." He informed. "You and Jere and Jo had just come back from some fancy surfing camp and you knew all those cool tricks. I felt like such a little kid. But you stayed and paddled with me till we caught a wave together." He said in an appreciative tone.

"I thought you were the coolest person in the world."

Conrad took a deep breath, "I guess you were wrong about that one." He stated.