ɪɪ. 𝘩𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶

tw - none

Everything is fucked, Joanna

Everything is not fucked.

THE NIGHT JO PICKED Belly up from her house was the first memory that entered her head when Conrad said those words

The night in December when she watched as Belly exited her front door and ran over to her car, opening it with a smile, "hi." She would say.

And of course, Joanna would return the 'hi' with a 'hey'.

"You didn't bring a coat?" Joanna asked.

Belly shook her head, "I forgot, but I'm not cold." She claimed.

Joanna shook her head and removed her hoodie from her body, "here." She passed it to Belly before starting the car as the brunette next to her buckled up. "Wanna go to the beach?" She asked.

Belly smiled widely. "Yeah." She chuckled.

Joanna looked over at her with a cheesy grin before beginning to drive out of Belly's neighborhood.

•••

"AUNT JULIA IS SELLING the summer house?" Jo asked from the passenger seat of Conrad's car.

"Yeah, she's fucking taking it and making it her own," Conrad explained, grip tight on the wheel as he drove.

Joanna let her eyes linger on her brother's angered face and she nodded, "okay. Fuck." She mumbled, "what the fuck? Aunt Julia can do that?" She asked, confused.

"Yeah. Apparently, both she and Mom owned the property or some stupid shit." He muttered, covering his mouth with one of his hands and letting out a stressed sigh. "Everything is fucked, Joanna."

Joanna shook her head. "Everything is not fucked." She assured. "You need to breathe, Conrad. You're gonna stress yourself out and then get ahead of yourself and be absolutely lost."

Conrad rolled his eyes, "okay."

"I know you, Conrad," Joanna said in an annoyed tone, "you are going to blow shit outta proportion and make yourself ten times more stressed than you should be."