ɪɪɪ. 𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦

tw - underage drinking and drug use, implied suicidal thoughts, mental breakdown

Nothing a little alcohol can't fix.

that's not how you should go about this, Jo.

THE BLONDE GIRL LOOKED down at the small present in her hand that was for Belly

THE BLONDE GIRL LOOKED down at the small present in her hand that was for Belly. It was a dainty silver necklace with a small pendant.

If you brought your eye up to it, it said 'I love you' in every language.

She had had this present since Belly's thirteenth birthday, but she never had given the girl the present. She always had a backup in case she chickened out. And it was always a good backup gift.

But this time she didn't have one because she knew that she wouldn't chicken out, unlike all the other times. Jo tucked her hair behind her ear, trying not to get lost in the memories.

"It's not for you!" Joanna laughed as she pulled the small bag away from Belly, "this is for a friend."

Belly wiggled her eyebrows, "a friend?"

Joanna rolled her eyes. "Yes. A friend. A very good friend."

Belly smiled and sat down on her bed, "c'mon. Who's the lucky guy?"

The Fisher girl froze as she tucked the necklace away. There wasn't a guy. "Uh, none of your business." She shot back while shaking her head.

Belly pouted, "whatever." Joanna watched as the girl left her room and guilt washed over it.

"It's you." She whispered, so low that not even a mouse could hear.

Joanna looked up at her vanity mirror and sucked up any feelings she was feeling at this moment and replaced them with fake happiness.

"You got this, Jo." She whispered, "suck it up."

•••

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY." EVERYONE SAID as Belly entered the kitchen. Belly laughed.