ᴠ. 𝘴𝘲𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

tw - none

You okay, you seem anxious

what would I, Joanna Fisher, have to be anxious about?

THE DRESS SHE WORE made her feel weird, the heels made her feel even worse, and Ezra in front of her didn't help either

She kissed him last night, but she had also almost kissed Belly too. And she didn't feel 'fireworks' with him as she did with Belly.

"Don't step on my toes, please." Ezra warned as they slightly practiced.

"I cannot make any promises, Blondie," she smiled up at him as they sidestepped together, one of Ezra's hands on the right side of her waist, Jo's arm on his right shoulder.

Their left hands held each other as they jokingly spun in a circle. "Don't step on me," he warned.

"You say that one more time and I will, purposely." She threatened with a small giggle.

As Ezra laughed, Joanna's eyes caught Belly who was standing alone in the middle of the dance floor. Her smile dropped.

And then, a yelp from Ezra made her let go of him, "you actually stepped on me!" He said, hoping on one foot.

Jo held back laughter. "Are you laughing?" He asked, putting his hurt foot on the floor again.

Joanna shook her head, "laughing? Me? No." She made an 'X' over her chest with her arms before breaking down and laughing.

"Attention, everyone." Paige walked in with an older woman beside her, "please welcome our debutante waltz instructor, Ms. Covington." She motioned to the lady, "all the way from Mrs. Covington's School of Ballroom Dance in Newton."

Applause traveled around the room. "Thank you, Paige." Mrs. Covington smiled at the young adult. "As you all know, the waltz is the most highly anticipated part of the ball. So, please join your partners now..."

Jo turned to Ezra and smiled, glancing at Belly and coming eye-to-eye with the Conklin girl. She mustered up her best smile for Belly before quickly looking back up at her escort.