ᴠɪɪɪ. 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘱𝘦,𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘥

tw - none

I mean, we both hurt each other a lot

And I don't ever want to hurt you again.

THAT COLD DECEMBER NIGHT was what made Joanna Fisher want to go back to December all the time

She didn't want anything more or anything less, she just wanted to dance on the snow-covered beach with her first love.

She wanted to lay by the campfire and experience that euphoria once again. How Belly held onto her tight, how they tangled together with love and not lust.

Because there was a difference. There were relationships made out of pure love and romance and support and just undying devotion.

And then there were relationships made out of pure lust and desire and pining and just jealousy.

Belly and Jo didn't have that. They didn't.

Did they?

•••

HER BACK ACHED LIKE crazy as she opened her eyes, the small faint sound of Stay by Gracie Abrams coming from her phone which lay close by her head.

Joanna sat up and stretched, arms cracking. She cringed, looking down at her clothing to see she was changed into pajama pants and a t-shirt that she was sure belong to Conrad.

"What in the hell?" She whispered, looking around the room.

The door opened and in walked Conrad, "finally." He muttered.

The blonde girl sat up fully, sitting crisscross on the sleeping bag and looking at her brother who took a seat in front of her. "What happened? I wasn't even drunk." She whispered, cupping her head in her hands.

"Found you passed out on the shore. You were half asleep when I told you to change and you instantly went back to sleep." Conrad explained to her. "What the hell were you thinking, Jo? You could've drowned." He scolded like a dad.