Chapter 6

After driving back to my place from the White's house, I prepared for the evening ahead. Ben was scheduled to pick me up at 9 pm, so I hurriedly took a refreshing shower to cleanse myself. I turned on the speakers in the bathroom and played my favorite playlist. Stepping out of the shower, I blow-dried my hair until it was almost dry, then proceeded to set it up in hair rollers while applying my makeup. I decided to go with a light and natural look, I focused on contour and a touch of mascara, keeping it minimal yet enhancing my features. I finished up in the bathroom and took out my hair rollers, and now I have a wavy beach hair look. Thereafter made my way into my walk-in closet to select the perfect outfit for the evening. I wanted something that would complement the occasion without overshadowing anyone. After careful consideration, I went for a simple yet elegant long-sleeved black dress. To complete the look, I chose a pair of stylish Chloé sandals that added the last touch.

It was five minutes to 9, and I quickly gathered the items I needed and packed them into my bag

It was five minutes to 9, and I quickly gathered the items I needed and packed them into my bag. Just as I was finishing up, I received a text from Ben notifying me that he was already outside, waiting for me. I grabbed my bag, locked up my apartment, and stepped out onto the street where I could spot Ben waiting for me in his car.

"Hey Ben, you're a lifesaver for picking me up!"

"No problem, nanny" he said with a smirk.

"You really have to stop that nickname." I said.

"So, tell me, how are these "football" parties usually?"

"I love it, there is always someone who fucks completely up." He said with a big laugh.

"Oh gosh, I'm not even surprised – do you know what other girls who are coming?" I asked curios.

"I believe, Sasha and Lauren, dec and jack's girls are coming, but then Chilly usually hit up some random girls from London and ask them to come." He told me.

"I'm excited to see what happens with you and mase."

"Why are you guys making us a thing, we have literally spoken two times."

"Well, mase hitting girls up is pretty rare, so he definitely got a thing for you."

"I don't feel rare, and I feel like he thinks I'm way easier than I am."

"Make it hard for him."

We arrived at a huge white house, its modern design and the driveway making it quite impressive. A small group of people stood near the front door, and the booming music from inside could be heard even from outside. The sight through the door gave me an idea that the place was packed with young adults. After parking the car, Ben locked it, and I waited for him to join me on my side of the car before we walked together towards the front door. Being in a crowd of unfamiliar faces always makes me a bit anxious, so I couldn't help but feel curious about how the evening would unfold.

We entered the house and headed directly to the kitchen, eager to grab a drink to help me loosen up in the midst of so many unfamiliar faces. Ben and I went for a vodka redbull drink, deciding it was best not to be entirely sober for the evening's socializing. As we stood there, we took two shots of pure vodka, counting down together—1...2...3—and then we poured down both shots in one go. We departed from the kitchen, with me simply trailing behind Ben as I didn't know anyone at the party. Along the way, we paused occasionally for Ben to exchange greetings with his friends. In those moments, I found myself locking eyes with Mason, who was on the dance floor. I sensed him gradually making his way towards me, causing a flurry of butterflies to flutter in my stomach.

"Hey Palma" he said loud, approaching to hug me.

"Hey Mason" I said a bit shy, while hugging him.

"Do you wanna go to the lounge area, so we can catch up?" he asked.

"Yes, I would like that, I'll just tell Ben."

I turned around and tapped Ben on the shoulder to tell him I was going to the lounge area with Mason, he just told me yes and have fun.

"Lets go" I told Mason

We walked over to the lounge area and took a seat in the back of the room to get more privacy.

"So, tell me, what is it about Chilly and Reece called me your lucky charm?" I asked.

"What is it about you giving Chilly a nickname but I'm still Mason?"

"Mase don't avoid my question."

"That's better, but to be fair I think they just thought I played really good the two game you came to see, and then told me you were my lucky charm."

A group of guys came down to the back of the room where me and mase where sat, and they sat down in the sofas around us, to join us. I spotted Chilly in the group.

"Hey Chilly, thanks for the invitation" I greeted Chilly

"Hey Palma, you should thank mase." He said with a smirk.

"What are you to lovebirds doing back here?" he asked me and Mase.

"What did you call us?" I asked with a sceptic face.

"Chilly no" Mase said, sending Chilly dead starring eyes for him to not ruin him and Palma's connection, and make her feel unconfutable.

"Is everyone in for a round of truth or dare" one of the guys named Jack asked.

"Sure" everyone replied.

"Tammy, truth or dare?" jack started.

"Umm, I'll do a dare" Tammy answered.

"Piss in a cup and drink it." Joao said.

Tammy went to the bathroom and came back with a cup filled with his piss. All the guys started recording and counted to from 3 to 1, and then Tammy poured it down.

"Okay, pretty girl over there – truth or dare" Henderson asked me.

I knew I didn't want to do a dare, because of what Tammy just had to do "I pick truth." I said

"Okay, what is your body count on?" Henderson asked.

"0, I'm a virgin" I said making the whole room quiet.

"Okay, respect" a guy named Kai said. I just stared at him, not understanding why all the guys are so surprised that I'm a virgin. The girls they hook up with might be easy but I'm just not hooking up with people to make a statement of how make people I have been with.

"Mase your turn, truth or dare" Chilly asked him.

"I'll do truth" he said to Chilly.

"Alright, Mase is there anybody you have a good eye to tonight?" Chilly asked with a smirk since he knew the answer.

"Could be the young lady, next to me" he said with confidence.

"Okay shoot that shot mase!!" two of the guys screamed.

The guys kept on playing, and I whispered to Mase asking him if we could go to a room because I have a headache. He told me yes and we left everybody. Mase guided me with his hand on my back, just like the first time with met.

_____________________________

an - if you have any ideas or anything to improve the story please let me know in the comment, hope you're liking the story so far!

xoxo